suddenly no sound device msg on compaq

Discussion in 'Software' started by doc., Jun 26, 2010.

1. doc.

doc. Private E-2

Hi ...plz help yest suddenly there was no sound on my computer and i checked thru control panel sounds and audio device there it shows no audio device then i checked under systems and device manager shows a question mark under other devices as i expanded, it showed audio device on high definition audio bus with an explainatory mark....my laptop is compaq preserio CQ40 315TU... and have XP home edition in it .....i have tried installing drivers from various sites but unable to...i tried to uninstall and as soon as i reboot it says new hardware installed but is unable to find the driver..i am gng nuts without any sound on my lappy ...plz help ..thanks :)

2. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

3. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

I believe that laptop came with Vista installed, maybe thats the trouble. ed

4. doc.

doc. Private E-2

Hi thanks for the reply .....no the laptop did not come with any OS.I was able to download the driver but no use.... I checked the AVG Vault and it showed Trojen virus in sound files and it seems they are currupted,I am trying to clean install Vista but it shows after start of installlation error code 0x80070017...so unable to install Vista..I tried to install window XP again but i wldnt let me do that either...
    What do i do ???????????????

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Is your version of Windows one that originally came as an ISO then burned to DVD? if so you will need to burn it at 1x speed.

If you get any error messages with the XP install, are they the same as the Vista one?

6. doc.

doc. Private E-2

Hi thanks ...ok the story is my lappy did not come with any OS so iinstalled Xp home edition as i had a CD of my Dell LAptop with me..It was perfect and ntg happened for 9 months but suddenly my key board started giving me prob..i sent it to the HP guys and they changed the key board and also did something with BIOS and i had XP professional now(god knows fm where)... it also showed a msg that u might not have original XP windows...and now after 4 mths my sound is gone and now when i am trying to use XP home edition it says dal.dll file missing and when i try to install VISTA (borrowed CD from friend)..it says error code 0x80070017...My lappy is Compaq cq40 315 tu....i am nt a too good at comp as i am a doc so please lemme know the sol in plain eng :)thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds