can admin rights be disabled?

Discussion in 'Software' started by MagicKaster, Feb 2, 2005.

1. MagicKaster

MagicKaster Private E-2

1.) first off i have a few questions...i need to install a few programs at my schools comp but the stupid admin blocked some of them...is there a way to get around that? (xp pro btw)

2.) on my home comp i had a password on my main account...i was having some kernel 32(or 33 cant remeber) so i reformated the comp...but my old accounts are still on it but i cant access them cuz they had a password on em and i cant pick them from the login screen to type in the password...is there anyway to acess these files?

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Can't help you with #1 - You should be paying attention!
    For #2, you need to take ownership of the folder/files. Right click on the folder, go to security tab, click advanced, click OWNER tab, select a group or user that you want to use to take ownership of the folder with and check the box at the bottom and hit apply.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds