Hi Geeks, fantastic forum :-)

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Fed at large, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Fed at large

Fed at large Private E-2

Hi Folks :smile:

It's great to find a site that's so well organised and helpful.

I've got brain damage yet was able to follow your very precise instructions.

A bit about me:

I was a Defective Detective who stated to use IT Police tools after sustaining a serious back injury, but continued to serve for 12 years after the injury.

In that 12 years I had my first touch of a keyboard and subsequently did Unix and alll MS OS's up to NT administration, as the injury left me with deminished coordiantion in my left hand, often crashing systems. It was easier to send me on Sys Admin Courses, than take up the time of our own geeks, who had a world-wide WAN to administer.

I subsequently moved into the Computer Forensic field, where I had to learn 'Geek' in order to explain in layman's terms how to put across to a jury of lay (wo)men how evidence was obtained and it's significance to any trial.

Unfortunately I sustained brain damage 4 years ago and have forgotten the vast majority of my previous IT skills. I'm hoping to have restored that memory within the next year and go back into the Forensic Field as it's the least demanding of my many speciallisms.

I'm here following the discovery of UiPopupHidden and rpsupdaterR, on this antiquated machine (still waiting for 3 other laptops and a work station with completely full bays) having left N.I. in a hurry and could only take what I could carry on my wheelchair.

In the meantime I'd like to use the 4/5 hours a day of well functioning brain power to sort this machine out, until my others arrive, then re-learn the relevant skills required for the above discipline.

Unfortunately, I will be unable to participate in the social side of this Forum as RMPandSIB.com was set uo to kick start my brain, so I'll have to visit it occasionally.

I shall thank you in advance of your anticipated responces to my logs which I hope to have posted correctly.

Regards

FED

2. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Welcome to MG. :)

Reading between the lines, were you in NI?

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

4. Fedatlarge

Fedatlarge Private E-2

You're an excrement, whoops, :eek: excellent between the lines reader :p

No!!! Wasn't me, never been there, haven't seen it, don't know who has.

Denial is the best form of defence. :cool

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  5. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Just what we need here, MORE wit. LOL
    Welcome aboard.:wave

6. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Ah
    was one of the lines I didn't read. rolleyes. So it was between the lines I read. :eek::-D

7. Doc13%

Doc13% aka Kestrel13! aka Emms

welcome to majorgeeks:wave

8. Fedatlarge

Fedatlarge Private E-2

The aforementioned machine was allegely killed by the bloke who built it (he puts backdoors into any system he builds/repairs) I've now got a new one and being paranoid as I am about security, I' m going through the process with this one.

Standby for logs to be posted in the near future, unless I get my brain operation then it'll be a couple of months.

OFF TOPIC. I love ChasLang's Sig, and have my own version using 111 if permitted :-D

9. hyas fedatlarge! welcome';
    get pounding the forums.....lol

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds