Need iTunes HELP!

Discussion in 'Software' started by jmnz68, Nov 7, 2008.

1. jmnz68

jmnz68 Private E-2

I've been trying to update my iTunes program for the last 4-5 months. I bought an iPod touch and have never been able to upgrade to the newest version of it because I'm stuck in iTunes 7.6.1.9

I keep getting this message. And I've tried the manual download and it doesn't work either.

"Error occured while installing the updates. If problem persists, choose tools>download only and try downloading manually. "

Please help! My iPod is running SUPER slow because I can't download the new software!!

2. jmnz68

jmnz68 Private E-2

That worked all the way up until the end.... then I get a error message that says "invald f: drive" and it tells me nothing has been modified. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help!

3. jmnz68

jmnz68 Private E-2

I don't know that much about computers, which may be why I'm having so many problems! So bear with me... I have XP Home, 3 usb ports, I believe I only have 1 hard drive (I haven't added any), and I'm not sure about the F:? I have not added any hardware or equipment since purchasing my computer. I do use it for my iPod, digital camera, and a removable jump drive. Hope this helps! Thanks for the quick reply!

4. cjszuter

cjszuter Private E-2

I consolidated my entire itunes library to .mp3's. How can I delete the original larger files and still keep my playlists intact using the new smaller files?
    *without having to manually replace every freakin (OLD) song with every new song*
    Is there any way? :confused

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

cjszuter, please start your own thread. It is rude to hijack another's thread by posting your problem when we are trying to solve his.

jmnz68, plug in your iPod. Then open My Computer. Do you see your iPod in there? What letter is it assigned?

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds