Need driver for OEM sb0990 sound blaster that isn't detected as a sound blaster card

Discussion in 'Software' started by mcduke, Jan 2, 2007.

1. mcduke

mcduke Corporal

I understand that an oem sound blaster live.5.1 card may actually be made by a different company other then creative labs. I purchased this sound blaster live 5.1 (sb0990) from ebay. The seller claims that the drivers can be loaded down from creative labs (which is not true, I found out). Creative labs only have updated drivers that still require the drivers that come with the computer (being oem)and being an oem card Creative labs will offer no assistance. I went to several sites that carried drivers for the sb live card, but when I tried to use them I get a message during the driver install that says, "sound blaster card not detected). So how do I find out what drivers I need for this card and where do I get them from?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Re: Need driver for OEM sb0990 sound blaster that isn't detected as a sound blaster c

Hi

Are their any codes as in ID codes or stickers on the card at all, specifically one that may help trace its origin is an FCC # or S/N # ?

3. mcduke

mcduke Corporal

Re: Need driver for OEM sb0990 sound blaster that isn't detected as a sound blaster c

The only info I see is the serial # C6SB0226412037235V. I see other numbers on the back also: N10225 and D33022, but I doubt it'll help any. I suppose it's possible that the card just doesn't work (I did buy it off of ebay). Any, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

4. DavidGP

5. mcduke

mcduke Corporal

I downloaded the 4810 drivers and will try them soon. Thanks, but how did you find out it could be a 4810 card. What resources do you use to look stuff up with the numbers on the card?

6. DavidGP

Hi

I used google and MicrosoftSRC ( a beta clustering search engine ) and just read alot of other forums and blogs for links to links, driver searching seems easy at first but if you have a non-standard hardware item it can be difficult to find exact drivers.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds