MS Word stucks when I choose another language from language bar. How do I fix it?

Discussion in 'Software' started by langclinic, Mar 16, 2007.

1. langclinic

langclinic Private E-2

I have got Win XP and Word XP. I have installed e-language station, so there is a small language bar on my computer screen and I can choose English or Hindi while working on MS Word files. Sometimes, when I put my cursor on the language bar to change the language, the Word file gets stuck and it does not obey any command. The system gets hanged for MS Word but I can do other works i.e. surfing the net, opening other folders. At last, I have to resort to Ctrl+Alt+Del to access the Windows Task Manager to close the Word file. This does not happen always but most of the times.

This is a very annoying problem and kills a great deal of time. What is the possible reason and how can I get rid of the same?

Thank you.

2. jewlzs

jewlzs Corporal

Hindi is not a language Word automatically recognizes this is causing the program to grind to a halt. You may need the Microsoft Office XP Multilingual User Interface Pack installed to have support for additional languages. As for it may have been working before and just started - software can be quirky that way...also search your word help for "language keyboard switching" and move the desktop bar beyond your cursor reach.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds