Microsoft Outlook and online email

Discussion in 'Software' started by annenap, Apr 16, 2007.

1. annenap

annenap Private E-2

I have a client who is VERY attached to Outlook. I am trying to convince him to switch to web-based email, but he's not comfortable doing it. Does anyone know of a way to use Outlook, yet still be able to access emails on line?

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Theres a exchange email server feature called outlook on the web, or if you tell outlook to leave items on the server, then you can still use what ever normal web client as well.

3. annenap

annenap Private E-2

Thanks much for the speedy reply - do you have a link I could follow to learn more?

4. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Well exchange server is not really the best option if your not the network admin. As far as the other option, tools accounts, and then modify then advanced settings should give you a leave message on server check box.

5. annenap

annenap Private E-2

They are a small office of 3 people and I just took the job on. They have an out-dated (10 GB dial-in) server that they only use to check email and access documents and the whole office is on NT. My thought was to have them use a web-based document sharing service and web-based email and upgrade the office to XP Pro. So, I guess in that respect, I am their network admin

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds