Bizarre networking problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MadameButterfly, Feb 6, 2008.

1. MadameButterfly

MadameButterfly Private E-2

I seem to use these forums a lot lately, but I'm just having so many problems and people here are so helpful!

I recently re-installed Windows XP, and I got the Internet working, but I have two local area connections, and I'm not able to get rid of the one that is not connected.

I can't disable it and I can't delete it, and the 'network cable is unplugged' icon still shows up in the taskbar even though I unchecked the 'Notify me when this connection has limited or nor connectivity' check box.

What can I do?

It was fine before I reinstalled Windows - now it's a mess, and I can't get printer and file sharing to work again either.

Does anyone have any ideas?

This is what it looks like:

[​IMG]

My motherboard is Asus M2N SLI Deluxe and I just recently flashed the new BIOS - 1302 I think it was.

I have run several memory tests and harddrive diagnostics - no errors.

2. MadameButterfly

MadameButterfly Private E-2

OK, I went into the device manager and disabled one of the network controllers. That took care of it.

Now we'll see what I can do with this file and printer sharing problem...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds