Print Spooler won't start; dependent on lexbces.exe but that won't start either; So w

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nehmo, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Nehmo

Nehmo Private E-2

Windows XP Home SP2
    I have two Lexmark printers installed (or at least I used to). Actually, I have the Lexmark folders in Program Files, but the printers don’t seem to be installed anymore. The printers are
    Lexmark 640 series
    Lexmark 2400 series
    They pretty much worked until just now.
    In the Printer and Faxes folder I only see the Add Printer and nothing else.
    When I try to start Add Printer, I get an alert saying the Printer Spool service isn’t running.
    When I go to (run) services.msc , I find that Print Spooler is stopped. (It's stopped and) It won’t start because it depends on (Properties > Dependencies) LexBce Server, which apparently is Lexbces.exe located in
    C:\Program Files\Lexmark 640 Series\Drivers or actually that’s where Lexbce.ex_ is 149 KB. What does the underscore mean on the end of an exe (replacing the final e)?
    Anyway, in C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\lexmark_640_seriesc231, there is LEXBCES.EXE size: 304 KB . lexbces.exe also exists elsewhere:
    LEXBCES.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3 304 KB
    LEXBCES.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\lexmark_640_seriesc231 304 KB
    LEXBCES.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\lexmark_z600_series73d8 296 KB
    When I try to start it by double-clicking on it, a command or DOS window opens briefly and then closes. Task Manager shows the service is not running.
    So how do I start the service lexbces.exe , so I can start the service printer spool, so I can print?

--
    (||) Nehmo (||)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds