1. problemswithvaio

problemswithvaio Corporal

So I got a virus. It started after my father used my computer, I got "antivirus xp" or something along those lines. I ran malwarebytes deleted it. Problem was when I restarted, I had an even worse problem! I couldn't click the taskbar, I'd get endless popups. So I run malwarebytes again, and restart. Blue screen of death results. After some struggles I decided on a repair install. I get that done and get all started back up again, but still have the virus! I would get endless processes and such.

Anyways I went to safe mode, ran combofix and malwarebytes, and now it appears I've contained one of the major problems. Everything runs fine now, no ridiculous amounts of processes no popups, except Iexplore.exe runs every once in a while :(.

There's still one problem though, my taskbar still can't be clicked. Everything works on it, I can press the windows key and get to start, and all my windows and tasks appear on it, however they can't be clicked or I get the famous error "beeping" noise. I found a temporary solution in that I end the explorer process and then restart it.

OH! big find, just ran msconfig and I found a serious problem, there are literally hundreds of processes listed to start when the computer starts, all with random letters and numbers. I'm requesting to post a HJT log, I'm thinking my computer really needs it. All these processes are listed in the temp folder.

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Hello there :)

But we cannot help you from you attaching solely a HJT log. In order for me to help you, I need to get a proper look at what's going on with your machine.

I will require the below logs:

• SUPERantispyware
    • MalwareBytes
    • Combofix
    • MGlogs.zip

Thanks
    Kestrel13!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds