I just got mozilla firefox

Discussion in 'Software' started by splitt3r, Nov 2, 2005.

1. splitt3r

splitt3r You are now the victim of a drive by title change

wow, it loads so much faster than IE, I hope my dad doesn't get pissed at me for downloading anything but i got it from the main site, firefox rocks.

2. eclayton

eclayton Sgt. Shorts-cough

Yep, the google search is great, complete with customizable (sp?) search engines, and the decrease in malware will make you stay. Welcome to Firefox, and Welcome to Major Geeks! :)
    Eric

3. Brandon

Brandon controlmind

Yeah I noticed that also the first time I used Firefox.

There is also some great plugins for Firefox if you are into them...

Brandon

4. star17

star17 MajorGeek

...and the more you are "into" them, the more it bogs down the browser. Remember, plugins that require a constant connection, i.e.: Forecast Fox, WILL slow the performance.

Also, new users to Firefox may want to take note: when updating to a new version, more-often-than-not most plugins are rendered useless.

5. theefool

theefool Geekified

True, but there are ways to fix this. But, either you have to download a plugin, to fix this, or edit the plugin manually yourself. Errgh. :)

Which i have done numerous times, since I typically download daily branch builds and sometimes the trunk builds (seperate directory installation). (I'll pass on the hourlys)

Lately, though, I've been running "Vanilla" firefox builds. As in NO plugins/extensions/themes.....

6. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

I agree, especially considering most people install dozens of extensions just for the sake of it and never use the majority of them.

I use Internet Explorer, FireFox and Opera, but I think Opera is by the far the fastest, and has great features without having to install extensions.

7. md2lgyk

md2lgyk I can't follow the rules

Opera is also way faster for me so it's my default browser. I also have Firefox and use it once in a while. The only two extensions I've installed are the Mouse Gestures and FasterFox.

8. fiver22

fiver22 Sergeant

Good point Star17 -many people don't seem to reallize this.
    Having said that: I love Firefox and it's extensions...but it is smart to bear in mind that each extension installed can slow down performance.

9. QuickSilver

QuickSilver Corporal

I got the Mouse Gestures for Firefox plug in which is just awesome - i love being able to just send a link to a new tab or new window, go back,forward etc without moving my mouse from the main page... I have a harder time browsing without it now... :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds