W7 Ultimate - Change System Language

Discussion in 'Software' started by redbourn, Sep 25, 2014.

1. redbourn

redbourn Private E-2

Windows 7 Ultimate - Change Operating System Language

Hi, I bought a pc in Spain 3 years ago and it came with a Spanish W7 Ultimate operating system installed.

I managed to change the language to English although some things remained in Spanish such as Administrador instead of Administrator - no big deal.

The store also gave me the OEM CD (or a copy, I imagine) that they had installed on the PC

So today I decided to do a repair install, not because anything was obviously wrong but I thought 3 years was a long time.

I get as far as choosing update but then get a message telling me that the pc is using a different language to the disk.

I changed the display language but that didn't help.

Any help and/or suggestions would be much appreciated!

2. redbourn

redbourn Private E-2

Resolved.

Repair Install - Windows 7 Help Forums

2nd thing on the list on the link.

"You cannot use a OEM Windows 7 "Factory" Restore/Recovery type of installation disc that came with or created from a store bought computer to do a repair install with. These can only be used do a clean install instead".

3. redbourn

redbourn Private E-2

This wasn't going to happen with my OEM disk, so I have started a new thread.

I borrowed a copy of W7 Ultimate from a friend.

"W7 Repair install sticks on Services"

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds