How to Remove McAfee Security Center ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by 20Valve, Feb 4, 2006.

1. 20Valve

20Valve Sergeant

I have a Gateway laptop. I have removed most of the garbage that came preinstalled. However, I cannot seem to remove MaCafee Security Center. There is an option to remove the "McAfee Uninstaller" but I can find no option to remove the program itself. It is driving me mad because I installed some software on the compter and McAfee does not like two of the files and it keeps popping up with warning windows. Arghhhhhhhhh . . . . . .

Thanks.

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

So, when you try to remove the McAffe uninstaller, you can't remove the program?

If you can't remove it in add/remove programs, I would first look for an uninstaller in the start menu. If none is there, I would look for one in the program files folder. Remember, sometimes running the setup program again will expose an uninstall function.

Try that, and let us know if it doesn't work out.

3. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

4. Runner789

Runner789 Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds