Sound Mixer Driver Doesn't Work

Discussion in 'Software' started by adam1234, Aug 24, 2010.

1. adam1234

adam1234 Private E-2

HI!, ive been trying to fix this computer error for about 2 weeks now and i have pretty much lost hope in there being a fix for it

my error is
    ''there are no audio mixer devices available''...
    and then it gives instructions to go to the driver and update it but i do that and then when the installation part should come up it says there are non available

what i have done at the moment to fix this problem and were i am at with it
    1st try:start-run-services.msc.-windows audio-right click properties-(startup)automatic-startup status-start

DID NOT WORK FOR ME

2nd try-start-mycomputer-(rightclick)manage-device manager-sound card area-and then update the fix.... DID NOT WORK FOR ME

AT THE MOMENT I AM 60% THINKING THAT THE 2ND OPTION I DID WRONG I F I DID PLEASE TELL ME
    and if there is an alternative solution please tell me im really struggling with this!

my computer details are:
    system manufacturer:eveshamvale
    system model:I865G
    Processor:intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 cpu 3.00GHz (2cpus)
    DXversion:DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

MY SOUND DETAILS:
    Name:SB X-FI Audio B400
    type:WDM
    Device ID:pCI\VEN_1102DEV_0005SUBSYS_002C1102REV_0

MY MUSIC PORTS ARE
    1:Microsoft Synthesizer
    2:SB X-Fi DMusic Synth B400
    3:SB X-Fi audio B400

if there is an alternative way to doing this which includes me to reinstall windows which i have done or to download drivers please give me a link?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  2. adam1234

adam1234 Private E-2

i went to device manager and this device has a yellow exclamation mark like this (!) on it: Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Do you have a Windows XP CD handy? (just in case its needed to do a repair install of Windows XP)

Have you had malware on your PC reciently? or have you scanned for it yet?

Just will need some more info on your PC and please follow the below as written as you may need to re-install yoru Chipset driver (reboot) then followed by the UAA HD Audio driver from Microsoft, followed then by the Audio driver for your hardware.

But try these

Chipset HERE and reboot
    UAA HD Audio HERE (only install if you dont have SP3 for XP installed)
    Audio HERE

4. adam1234

adam1234 Private E-2

ok thanks to install the uaa it doesntwork bassically says your windows is more updated than the update ill get information with you guys soon hopefully

5. adam1234

adam1234 Private E-2

and no sorry, i do not have a windows recovery disk or the disk you have asked for. i might have lost it some where ...

6. adam1234

adam1234 Private E-2

Everest report

if you cant find what your looking for click edit on the menu at the top and click on find

Attached Files:

7. DavidGP

Hi

A question on malware (virus, trojan etc) I asked earlier I would like an answer for? all these questions do help to try and narrow down a problem as its not always easy to troubleshoot a PC issue when your not infront of the PC in question, so steps given and questions asked need to be followed as bast as possible

The UAA driver is fine as you have SP3, however their is a workaround to re-installing this again if needed but the question on malware is relevent here in have you had reciently or do you have malware on your PC?

In Services and the Windows Audio one, I know you have checked that its Started and its StartupType is Automatic but goto the same area but this time click the Dependancies tab and then click the small + in each listed Service and then check each of those Services for being the same Started and Automatic.

Enter your BIOS (on boot the key/s to press will show quickly so as soon as it shows tap the keys listed repeatidly until the BIOS loads) then check that any onboard Audio is disabled and Save and Exit the BIOS.

Enter Device Manager and unsinstall your Audio driver from Creative then re-install the current one from HERE

If you after doing all of this have any yellow ! marks in Device Manager do tell us what they are?

8. adam1234

adam1234 Private E-2

9. adam1234

adam1234 Private E-2

10. DavidGP

Even if not 100% evident on your PC, some left over malware files could cause this type of issue with Audio and would be well worth before trying any other avenues of fixes, doing the guide below and do start a new thread in the malware area of the forum and attach the requested logs, all instructions are below

I would as a matter of course (kinda PC rule number #1 Backup Backup Backup), backup any important files to USB pen, CD/DVD as never know when a hardware component may fail or Windows becomes corrupt through malware or a random issue.

I would ignore the BIOS for now as you have added more info about some audio playing ok.

11. adam1234

adam1234 Private E-2

ok... i baught kaspersky antivurus 2011 and done a complete computer scan wich took 5 hours when it completed it had picked up 27 trojans 112 mallware and 314 virus so it asked for me to delete all the virus/trojans/malware and my computer has gotten faster

but... ofcourse...
    my audio isnt back to normal... and still cant get it to work

12. DavidGP

Hi

As good as Kaspersky is it will not remove all reminents of malware in 100% of cases, so the guide I posted and the logs attached to a new thread in malware forum will allow out malware removal experts to see if any malware is left, it could in part be the cause of audio issues, so to rule it out is best option for now.

In device manager, are their any devices with yellow ! marks, if so what?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds