I have no sound so I downloaded VIA Audio Drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by goofballs, Jun 18, 2004.

1. goofballs

goofballs Private E-2

I have A Dell Optiplex GX400, I bought it used, and I had to restore it, when I did I lost sound, so I Downloaded VIA Audio Drivers pack 3.70c. I saved it instead of opening it but when i clicked on it it gave me one of them boxes that said which program do you want to open with, I picked the wrong program I guess, because it didn't open, and now when I double click on it, nothing happens. Should I delete it and start over or is there an easier way, And my most important question is will this give me sound in my system again?

2. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

What is the file extension? If it is .zip you can use Winzip to unzip it.

3. billH

billH Master Sergeant

You're probably going to have to remove the application you associated with the file. It's easy. Go to:start>my documents. Locate file ( if not in My Documents, brouse to the file or search for it)>right click file>click properties>on the "general" tab click on the "change" button>select from the list the name of program (winzip or whatever)you want to open the file. If you want all files of this type (winzip for zipped files, for example)to be opened by the same application leave the box marked, "always open this type of file with this application," checked. If you don't, uncheck the box. You probably already know how to do this, but just in case. :) As to "will this give me my sound back?" A very firm "maybe" ;)
    Bill

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds