Pictures on websites not loading up

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jackie, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Jackie

Jackie Private E-2

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong category.. I wasn't sure where to put it. My computer decided to stop loading up pictures on certain websites. My homepage is set to yahoo.com and it seems to be fine. However, when I try to get to my bank page (firstmidwest.com) or myspace.com or several other websites.. it keeps telling me "(12 items remaining) Downloading picture....." but the pictures never wanna load up. They just remain blank except for the little box with the square, circle, and triangle. I've tried cleaning out my temporary internet files and I ran the CCleaner program, but the problem still exists. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Or if you could point me to a thread I overlooked on this topic, that would also be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm not sure if you guys need any of this.. I was just following directions on the "read me before posting" thread. So here goes..

Inline log converted to an attachment

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2006
  2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

What browser are you using? Mozilla Firefox has an option not to load pictures, and Internet Explorer can develop all sorts of problems.

3. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

It took me so long to get to the bottom that i forgot the question, lol. ed

4. Dreamer

Dreamer Corporal

Do the images show up as red x's?

Also, it sounds like your using internet explorer. I wouuld suggest trying out firefox or opera, there are less security issues with them and they have been proven to load web pages faster.

5. Jackie

Jackie Private E-2

Lol.. sorry tunered. I just selected all and pasted it. I didn't realize it was that long. Thanks to whoever fixed that. =D

I am using Internet Explorer. The pictures aren't showing up as red X's.. they're showing up with the little box with the square, circle, and triangle. So they're trying to load and the bottom bar tells me that they're loading, but they never load. It just started doing this a few days ago. I've never had a problem with Internet Explorer and we've been using it for years and years. It's a family computer so I don't really want to change browsers if I don't have to, because everyone is used to this one. However, if I can't find a solution I guess that's the route I will be taking.

6. Dreamer

Dreamer Corporal

Ok, there are a couple of things you can try. in IE go to View -> Encoding and select Western European (Windows) or Auto-Select. Then go to Tools -> Internet Options. When the internet options box appears select the "Advanced" Tab. When the Advanced tab displays, scroll down in the Settings list to the Multimedia section and make shure "show Images" is checked.

Hope that helps. :)

7. Jackie

Jackie Private E-2

I dont know what happened but I got on today and everything seems to be working fine now. I swear my computer just likes to play games with me sometimes. Thanks to everyone for all of your help!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds