windows vista problem help needed

Discussion in 'Software' started by Immobilize, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Immobilize

Immobilize Private E-2

Hi. I have a bit of a problem and I hope someone here can help me fix it. Sometimes when I am using programs or browsing through windows, they do not react to anything I do with my mouse. I can switch through the different windows, but I can not do anything with them with the mouse. It also happens when I try to use the Start menu. The menu pops up, but it doesn't react.
    When I use Ctrl-Alt-Del it works again, but the problem returns again after some time. This is happening on a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Xi 2528 using Windows Vista Home Prenium.

Thanks in advance

2. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Hello imm ..etc, welcome to Major Geeks.

Mouse? is this a usb add on?
    Is it charged up?

Can you try with another one?

3. Immobilize

Immobilize Private E-2

The problem may seems like its the mouse but, i have the same problem with the touchpad(its a notebook). But yes the mouse is charged up and it have the newest driver

4. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

If you are using Aero mouse pointers choose another/ switch off.

There are also many reported issues with USB addons which is why I asked the question, which you didn't answer.

Did you try another mouse?

Does the touchpad work properly if your usb mouse is not connected?

5. Immobilize

Immobilize Private E-2

Gonna give it a try with windows aero mouse pointer switch off, gonna report back after some time

The only USB addon i have is the usb reciever for my Logitech G7 Mouse

No. I didnt try another mouse

Nop. My touchpad dont work. The problem keep coming back

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds