Processor upgrade and looking for info

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Llamafarm, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Llamafarm

Llamafarm Private E-2

2. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

Easy way to tell

How many ram slots do you have on your motherboard right now? IF 4 click the first link if 2 click the second one.

3. Llamafarm

Llamafarm Private E-2

I understand that but I'm trying to find out what is the difference between the two. I want to get the best processor I can put in my computer

4. Llamafarm

Llamafarm Private E-2

Atm I'm wondering if I should buy a new mobo or just get the best processor they say even though the maximum isn't much better than the one I have

5. Llamafarm

Llamafarm Private E-2

6. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

Would probably be better to buy a new motherboard.

The system you have now looks like it supports a 65W max CPU which doesn't leave much room for upgrades.

7. Llamafarm

Llamafarm Private E-2

yeah i plan on buying a new computer from CyberPower PC. Got tired of the lower class computer.

8. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

Might want to check out Ibuypower as well or build your own if you want.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds