Blue screen of death

Discussion in 'Software' started by mcadam, May 17, 2005.

1. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

That horrible blue screen telling me there's something wrong with disc space, driver etc keeps appearing at random intervals in the day.
    It's the one that says beginning dump of physical memory and then you have to restart the system.
    Someone said to go into safemode and uninstall the last thing that I installed which was Everest. Uninstalled and then it was fine for a bit and then it just happened now. I'm pretty sure all my drivers are installed and up to date, any other ideas?

2. mga

mga Private E-2

"pretty sure" isn't positive...check your hardware drivers for any that may not be compatible.

also, you MIGHT have a bad memory chip....that happened to me once.

just a couple things to check.....

3. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Yep all drivers are fine, double checked.
    With that do you mean ram?

4. mga

mga Private E-2

yes, one of my chips were bad. i found it thru trial and error, but when i removed it (and booted with the other) the problem went away. i had 2 memory chips installed.

so, i went out and bought another..never had the issue again.

the memory was just a suggestion...giving my experience...you might have hard ware problems, maybe your bios was changed, etc etc..

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Post your memory dumps.

They are located in C:\windows\minidump

6. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

There's 26 files there taking up 2.2mb you want them all???

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

No, attach your most recent 3 first.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds