saving videos

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wrangler2100, Dec 7, 2007.

1. wrangler2100

wrangler2100 Private First Class

I am trying to save a video from a dvd to put on a sd card to put on a digital picture frame first is this possible ? It has like a picture slideshow type video on it from a funeral and would like to put it on the digital frame , I have tried different things but have had no luck , if someone has any ideas to share I would appreciate it very much

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

If the DVD plays in a home player, it's in DVD (or VIDEO_TS or .VOB) format and must be converted to a format that the frame can display. Most can display JPEGs and some can do MPEGs too. You'll need to post some info from the frame, like what formats it will display, and I can probably help you convert the DVD to a compatible format...

3. wrangler2100

after searching frame info I found where it supports motion jpeg (avi) video format

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

5. wrangler2100

found that earlier and have tried to use it but cant seem to find how to convert to avi , it has a drop down for output but avi is not on there .

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds