Have no Sound in reinstalled XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by sampele, Jul 7, 2008.

1. sampele

sampele Private E-2

Recently had system32 failure and a friend "successfully" recovered my programs and file and reinstalled.

However he failed to install modem (found AT&T help) and now I am realizing audio. I have no speaker icon on bottom right.

One "error" I seem to get is from control panel>sounds and devices>audio tab

I get "nothing" there. ie no default audio devices present.

I have also carried out control panel>system>devices>audio devices. Carried out updates and all seem to show no obvious issues.

I have loaded the report from Everest.

I have tried to reinstal Legacy audio driver though I am not sure it is at fault and I can't find a download online.

Thanks so much and let me know what else can do!

Sampele

Attached Files:

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major
    There's a good chance that the only drivers that installed were whatever Windows picked up and installed automatically. So, using the link I've provided below, download and install the chipset, video, audio, network/LAN. DO NOT mess with the BIOS download as it may cause bigger problems. Install the chipset driver first, reboot, then install the rest.
    Good luck! I hope this helps!
    Here's the link: http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/search.asp?param=D915GAG&st=kw

[dlb]
    :major

3. sampele

sampele Private E-2

dlb!!

Thanks so much for your guidance and even providing the links needed!

The download/install was seeemless.

The speaker icon is back I view and my speakers are alive!!

You guys are great. Prompt and knowledgable.

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:highfive :celebrate :dancer :drink
    Glad to hear it!!! Happy I could help!!
    If you have any more questions, you know where to find us....

[dlb]
    :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds