Another hot one today

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Shiver Me Timbers, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Shiver Me Timbers

Shiver Me Timbers MajorGeek

Morning everyone. I just checked the temp outside and it's 76 degrees out there. Looks like it might be another hot one here. Beach is starting to sound good again. How are you going to spend your day?

2. dperino

dperino Capt. Caveman

76 degrees??? Oh, my. However do you stand that kind of heat??

Mornin' Glo. :D

3. Shiver Me Timbers

Morning D. I am not sure I can take much more of this heat.

4. Shiver Me Timbers

93...I hope that's just a heat wave.

5. dperino

dperino Capt. Caveman

120+ is a heat wave. 93 is pleasant. :D

6. Shiver Me Timbers

120 O.O I would be dead after 105.

7. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

heh, I've passed my day playing FarCry because it is RAINING outside, so quit yer whining that it's too hot ;) :p

8. debbie

debbie Private First Class

95 here right now. w/ 100% hunidity....ughhhhh

i mowed the front yard this morning- decided i needed some sun, so i put on my swimsuit and a pair of shorts and did the front.

i was going to do it yesterday, but the mower decided to stop working and i had to take it back to sears (its brand new) - they gave me a "loaner" , but by the time i got home it was too hot to mow.

need to go to the store this afternoon and get some coleslaw for our bbq tonite. and vinegar...

9. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

Re: Hey Feppen

I am absolutely in my glory at the moment. 12:40 pm, 86F with 66% humidity (heat index 94F).

It's FINALLY warm here again, and NOT raining! :D :D :D

10. Shiver Me Timbers

Oh, I don't see a cloud in site, but the weather guy said something about later on today....I'm still heading to the beach. I hope there is another beach party tonight. Couldn't stay for the one last night, but I got tonight night open.

11. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

7 Deg Celsius (45f) over here. Pouring with rain and howling Cyclones and lightning. Been like it for the last two months.

Dismal weather for an even more dismal life! :(

12. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

heh X, that's about what it looked like here today, though it's been quiet the last couple of hours :)

13. lostkiwi

lostkiwi MajorGeek

101F for today's high 18% humidity and 64F for the low.
    Good morning everyone :)
    I like rain. I miss rain. Rains about 5 days a year here and then everything washes away. :(

14. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

I'm loving this...it's now 90F with 60% humidity. :D And there's only one day of rain forecast for the next 5 (of course, I'm not holding my breath, it being Michigan and all). :)

15. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

86 degrees. cool breeze, blue sky, perfect................as always

ALOHA

16. lostkiwi

lostkiwi MajorGeek

Stop showing off laurieB, just coz you live in paradise. :p
    Wanna do a house trade for a week? Month? Forever? Awwwwwwwww :(

17. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Rain Rain and Rain here in good old blighty today! :)

maybe tomorrow it will be not so rainy........... 70c in the room im in tho so not so bad just humid!

18. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

92F, 52%. :D

I know y'all don't care, but it's been unseasonably cold and rainy here for three weeks, and I'm just a little too excited. :D

19. Endi

Endi Lt. Links

its only 108 here in Phoenix today
    not bad:D:D

20. WobblesRArt

WobblesRArt MajorGeek

I know it's late, but it's 6:36 pm and 11% and 94.......and it might cool down some.......wobbles

21. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

if i cant show off it takes away half the fun of living here. :) aloha

22. Phantom

.......I hope Hawaii sinks!! :p

23. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

roflmao

24. WobblesRArt

WobblesRArt MajorGeek

if they don't, I'm sure that where I live will......wobbles

25. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

12:40am... 76F, 92% humidity.

I begin to wish for the screened-in porch on my grandma's house next door. The porch is still there, my grandma is not. And I don't think my brother-in-law's brother (who now owns the house) would take as kindly to my walking over to sleep on his porch as my grandparents used to. :(

26. Shiver Me Timbers

I guess you don't have a tent you could camp outside in?

27. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

I do...but it's in the trunk of my car and really entirely too much effort at the moment. :)

28. Shiver Me Timbers

That truly bites. Seems your going to have to sleep with your window open tonight. Maybe if your lucky, you might get some of this cold front that is suppose to be moving my way. Where you located?

29. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

I'm in West Michigan, about 40 miles in from the lakeshore. I'm still not comfortable sleeping with the window open, it's only been three weeks since the breakin. Logically, I know that was during the day and they won't climb in at night...but logic doesn't hold sway at 3am. :eek:

I'm good with the heat...I'd far rather be hot than cold. I just wish I had the porch which has floor-to-ceiling screens on three sides with a door that locks. *sigh*

30. Shiver Me Timbers

West Michigan. Seems that if your lucky and the jet stream changes, you just may be in for a little cooler weather.

As for the break in, ya, close the window. Turn on a fan.

31. Boccemon

Boccemon First Sergeant

Beautiful NE Oregon.........high of 83 with 50% humidity to day. Clear, lovely day in the woods with a slight breeze. At 11:25 pm PST 67 degrees and calm. Lovely. lovely ,lovely.

32. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

Today, we are mostly in the mid-80s with 75% or better humidity. I'm good with that. :)

33. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

A thunderboomer just rolled in & dropped the temp from 92 to 81F, like... instantly. I'm getting sick of rain this summer, although the grass is happy.

34. Shiver Me Timbers

Well now this is hot and sticky. Six tonight I grabbed my arobic outfit, jumped into it, cranked the music, went outside and dang near died. It's 90F out there. Might I say I cut that one short. I lasted almost 20 minutes. I know I will make myself go out and put in the last 40, but if I stop posting, it's cause the heat killed me. I think though, I might do 20 of that pumping weights and then finish the motion stuff after. I can pump weights under the tree, but the motion stuff I have to do in the open.

Well, wish me luck.

35. DanTekGeek

DanTekGeek Master Sergeant

just walked outside to get the mail, must be at least 100.

36. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

8pm--78F, 84% humidity.

Summer in Michigan is HERE! :D

37. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

Supposed to be 96 tomorrow, and 98F Wednesday. And before you Arizona lizards sneer, that's likely with around 80% or higher humidity. Sauna anybody?

38. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

87f, cool breeze, blue sky, etc etc......

39. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

Well....earlier today (like when I sat down at the computer 25 minutes ago) it was 88F with 76% humidity, and sunny.

However, right now, it's black like midnight and the thunder is making the windows rattle. Temp is still up, though...82F with 77% humidity. Rain hasn't hit yet, but it's close.

40. Shiver Me Timbers

Well, today it was 90. Once the rain started pouring down, we dropped to 68. The temp in my house is 79, but it sure feels much hotter.

41. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

For all the fat lot of good the rain did. :rolleyes: Midnight...71F with 97% humidity. *sigh*

42. Shiver Me Timbers

Current Conditions
    Feels Like: 62 °
    Barometer: 29.66 in and steady
    Humidity: 100%
    Visibility: 100 mi

My house does not seem to agree with these weather conditions. I hope it cools down in here, I need a good nights sleep.

43. Phantom

It's stopped raining for a bit - and started hailing! :rolleyes:

44. Shiver Me Timbers

But is it cool? I can take hail, but I can't take the heat.

45. Phantom

It's bloomin' frigid! I can take the cold alright, but I would like to be able to go outside and not get soaked and blown away.

Anyway it will be back to 85-115 deg temps for six months or so in a couple of moths. No point complaining, even though I did, LoL! Spring in about six weeks...Yay!

46. Shiver Me Timbers

85-115 deg temps and you end that sentence with a Yay. :rolleyes:

47. Shiver Me Timbers

Well, it's dark, dreary, dismal and wet................See my big SMILE? It's 72F in my house and I am going to sleep well tonight. :D :D

48. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

OK. so i was trying to be smart and post my weather forcast...but now Ive spent my entire morning sodding about and my attachments 'stuck' with nowhere to go, and i cant seem to delete it cos it sez its still 'in progress', so if admin could sort that out for me, ta very much.

49. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

The humidity broke. :D

74F, 58% humidity. PERFECT summer weather, if a little cooler than ideal. :)

50. lostkiwi

lostkiwi MajorGeek

100F, 9%humidity
    Flash flood warnings/heavy thunderstorms mountains and deserts. afternoons through Friday.
    Yay, we might get rain!!!!!
    (Isn't that the saddest thing you've ever heard :D)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds