Dimension 2400

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xJayboyx, Sep 19, 2005.

1. xJayboyx

xJayboyx Private E-2

I have this computer that I am working on that I was told was struck by lightning.. Computer does nothing at all.. Doesn't turn on one bit.. Looking inside the tower with the machine plugged in the MB light is light as if it is getting power.. So first I hook up a good PS , still nothing... Next to be sure I took the PS out of this machine and hooked it into another machine and it started that computer just fine.. I have taken everything out of it, still not getting any sign of life.. Looking very closely to the MB I see no signs of burn up at all.. No smell .. Nothing.. Is is possible the switch to turn the PC went bad?? I any other machine that I have worked on that got struck by lightning atleast still POSTED for the most part.. Error beeps... This thing has nothing...

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank You

2. Strange1

Strange1 Staff Sergeant

Jay, I also have a 2400 and a 4600 and an old 300. Love all them. Yes, it is possible that the sw blew. Have you check to see if pwer is getting to the sw and whether or not it is getting thru the sw....... either put another one in or patch across. Good luck.

Jack

3. xJayboyx

xJayboyx Private E-2

Thanks for the feedback Jack..
    How would I go about patching across??

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds