Can't repair internet due to cleaning ARP Cache

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jennster, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Jennster

Jennster Private E-2

My internet is slow and I tried to repair the internet and it said it couldn't because it was cleaning the ARP Cache. Is there some way to fix this? I have scanned my pc and hijack this! came up with a worm.radar thing. I removed it. I still can't repair the internet, although it runs a bit faster now.

2. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

3. Turtlesaurous

Turtlesaurous Private E-2

Clean the arp cache before you begin, and don't do anything else to bring up a corrupted run of any kind while perfoming this process. There is apparently a virus that blocks your internet adapter making your browser tell your OS that the arp cache is full. This is only an illusion! There is a way to beat this one! Cleaning the arp cache is easy enough alright, just run the command window with this: arp -a - Displays the ARP Cache ; netsh interface ip delete arpcache Cleans the arp cache. When cleaned, ok will display, indicating that the cache was cleaned. This didn't work did it? Yes it did! Nothing wrong with the arp cache! Repair your Winsock, restart, uninstall your adapter (Ethernet or Wireless card), restart, reinstall your adapter (add hardware), restart, and you are back on surfing.

4. suddapalli

suddapalli Private E-2

Excellent. It worked for me. Actually when I try to repair wireless connection, got the same message "could not clean ARP Cache" so failed to repair.

With this solution I overcome this problem.

Thank you very much!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds