Epson printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by firebug8, Jul 2, 2007.

1. firebug8

firebug8 Private E-2

My Epson RX580 printer, 6 mns. old, ran out of ink. I replaced all cartridges with Epson replacements (they are the right ones and I removed the tape). My printer now displays the message "CANNOT RECOGNIZE INK CARTRIDGES". I have reseated them several times to no avail. All the buttons on the printer are frozen so I can't get to the maintenance screen! I emailed Epson, but their fix didn't fix!:eek:

2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer drivers and software?

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

As it is still under warranty, and you used genuine Epson Cartridges, I'd take it back to where you bought it from and make many loud noises.

"Either fix it, or replace it", would be the way I'd go. Bazza

===

4. firebug8

firebug8 Private E-2

Yes, I've uninstalled & reinstalled the software, but nothing! Maybe I should go screeming to the vendor, but I was hoping I could get this on-line tonight for printing a project! Thanks.

5. bigbazza

Can't think of any quick fix. Turn off the printer. Maybe detach the AC cord from the printer and AC socket. Unplug the USB cable from both ends as well. Re-plug them all and switch on the power. Sometimes either cable can lose contact with the printer. Can't hurt to try, maybe it will work and allow you to get your project done. ;) Bazza

===

6. firebug8

firebug8 Private E-2

Thanx BixBazza. I'll keep waiting for Epson to email me more suggestions, and if they don't work, return the darn thing! firebug8

7. bigbazza

Just found this link in another thread.

It may get you straight through to an Epson human.:D
    Don't know what hours it is "manned" though. :(

Epson
    800‑533‑3731
    Direct to human.

:D;):):cool Bazza

8. firebug8

firebug8 Private E-2

thanx! i'm holding for them now for the 2nd time. 1st time i had no sooner started telling him the problem when i was cut off. maybe he's heard this too many times??? i'll let you know how it goes, and thanx again. firebug8

9. firebug8

firebug8 Private E-2

Hi Bazza, After holding for 30 minutes on Epson's line and repeating the diagnostics with their tech, they are sending me a replacement printer in 7-14 days. So much for my project....LOL! Anyway, the number you found was for Customer Service. If you know anyone with Epson problems again, the Tech Support number is 562-276-4382. Thanks again! Becky

10. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

11. firebug8

firebug8 Private E-2

Thanks Puppy. Just tried it and nothing. The program wouldn't recognize my printer. Thanks anyway, though!

12. bigbazza

Hi Becky, glad they are sending you a replacement printer. I've owned more Epson printers than any other make. I used to work for a computer store whose speciality still is Toshiba laptops and Epson printers, so I am biased. Although I am currently using a HP all-in-one printer. :D :(

Sorry about your project. You could always copy it onto a USB memory stick, or floppy, or CD, or DVD, and get someone else to print it for you, if it is not too late. Bazza

13. firebug8

firebug8 Private E-2

Looks like I'll have to get it printed elsewhere since it's a manual for training new employees! I see you're in Australia....beautiful country. hope to visit someday.

14. bigbazza

Just heard on the radio yesterday, that if money was no object, Americans voted Australia as #1 place they'd like to visit.

I guess the long flight scares most Yanks off. :D Bazza

===

15. firebug8

firebug8 Private E-2

It's the cost I find scary!

16. bigbazza

Cost from OZ-->USA is around AUD$1600 upwards, or around USD$1360. That's not too bad, considering the distance. Bazza

Better shutup. Off topic. :D Baz

===

17. firebug8

firebug8 Private E-2

Bazza, I am happy to report Epson's replacement printer arrived this morning and I'm happily printing again!

The Epson techs were as nice and helpful as they could be, which was refreshing.

Again, thanks for your help. Becky

18. bigbazza

Firebug8, glad to see your Epson arrived and all is well. :major Bazza

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds