Realtek HD audio issue on asus P5Q

Discussion in 'Software' started by KatanaIII, Oct 11, 2009.

1. KatanaIII

KatanaIII Private E-2

Hi there! :wave

Recently i bought a brand new computer:

Windows XP PRO SP3
    Asus P5Q
    E5200 @ 4.0ghz
    Sapphire 4770
    2x 2GB Kingston HyperX ddr2

About a week ago that i've got this problem, no sound at all, i've downloaded thousands of drivers from realtek, it doesn't install the sound driver, i've searched a lot about this problem and nothing.. :confused

(btw, i'm Portuguese,i'm sorry for my bad english :-o )

I hope you guys can help me with this, it's driving me crazy rolleyes

There's some screens shots about the problem:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance:)

2. KatanaIII

KatanaIII Private E-2

This is the report from Everest

Attached Files:

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Here are the drivers for your motherboard the P5Q at this download location , download and install the Intel Chipset Util (get latest version 2009/07/24) and reboot, then download and install the Realtek ALC1200 Audio Driver again latest version and reboot and test sound.

Teh Microsoft UAA Bus driver is normal and needed these days for sound to work, also enter Services (do this via Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services or click Start > Run and type services.msc and hti enter) then look down the list and make sure Windows Audio Service is Started and its Startup Type is set to Automatic.

4. KatanaIII

KatanaIII Private E-2

Hi!

Can you please tell me where i can find the Intel Chipset Util? :confused

Many thanks

5. DavidGP

Hi

Yes, link was in my earlier post, but here it is again HERE once opened, click the + next to Chipset and then download the very top driver named "Intel Chipset Inf Update Program Package V9.0.0.1009 for Windows 2000/XP & 64bit XP & 32bit/64bit Vista.(WHQL) dated 2009/07/24" and choose eitehr Global or China download locations.

Then once downloaded to your PC dowble click it to run and install, then once installed reboot and then install the missing drivers you have.

*note on occasion ASUS's website is very slow.

6. KatanaIII

KatanaIII Private E-2

Ok, i've done what you told me, but the "Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus" is like this:

[​IMG]

And still no sound. rolleyes

7. DavidGP

Hi

Now you'll need to install the Audio driver I mentioned earlier and linked too which is HERE and click the + next to Audio and choose the top driver named

Dated 2008/11/20

Also did you check in Services if the Windows Audio Service was set to Started and Automatic?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds