avira update problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by frsamuel, Oct 29, 2009.

1. frsamuel

frsamuel Private E-2

hallo
    I had a problem with malaware on my PC, but after i followed the advice given there, i began having trouble with the automatic updates from avira. I tryed to uninstall and reinstall, but the result was the same. When i try to update avira i just wait and nothing happens.

2. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Hi there whats your OS and what other AV's or FW are you using with Avira !

3. frsamuel

frsamuel Private E-2

I got Windows XP Professional with SP3 version 5.1, and Comodo Personal Firewall. I only have avira as anti virus program.

4. solaris89

solaris89 First Sergeant

I use Avira's AV and have had the same problem. It's an issue on Avira's end. From their forum today:

5. bbpathd1

bbpathd1 Private First Class

I noticed today that Avira AntiVir had not updated since 102709.

Whenever it fails to automatically update, I google "Softpedia Avira Update" and go to the page: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others...ra-Antivir-Virus-Definition-File-Update.shtml. Click the download button on the left and save the file in C:\Downloads. Then I open Avira by right-clicking the umbrella in systray and choose Start Antivir. On the bar at top click Update-->Manual Update and double-click the VDF zip file.

I updated to 102909 that way today.

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

7. frsamuel

frsamuel Private E-2

The automatic update still dosen't work, but i did the manual update.
    Thank you very much for the help. I hope the automatic updates will start working again in the near future .

8. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

frsamuel, the automatic update was working late last night. You need to give it time. I think it took my one computer about 5 minutes before it appeared that anything was working. I just set Avira to update and used another computer while I watched the lack of progress. Eventually, it did start the update.

9. frsamuel

frsamuel Private E-2

automatic update dosen't work here. It might be blocked by something, or it dosen't love me that much. Still, i managed to do the manual update, thank u for the link. Here are 2 of the reports from the automatic update, donno if they're of any help

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds