Motherboard and Processor Upgrade Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 20Valve, Apr 16, 2005.

1. 20Valve

20Valve Sergeant

Greetings.

It looks like in about a month or two I will be upgrading. I currently own an AMD 2400. I have been out of the loop as far as hardware upgrades in the last two years. I used to be pretty informed but I have no idea what the current state of hardware regarding motherboards and processors and stuff is.

I am looking to spend maybe $275 - $300 for a motherboard, gig of ram, and processor. It looks like the AMD 64 3400 would fit the bill. I was looking to buy a board/processor that I toy with as far as overclocking. Not extreme overclocking - but just one to tinker with.

Why the big difference in price between the 3400 and the 3500?

So, can anyone give me a reccomendation for a good motherboard and processor combo ?

Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds