New to World Of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Software' started by Cylos, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Cylos

Cylos Private E-2

I am considering buying World Of Warcraft, is it worth it? I love strategy games and mmorpg's are my favourite. So do you think that WoW is right for me?

2. Borsung

Borsung Corporal

WoW is not a "strategy" game, like the warcraft games before it. It is a RPG, but all in all its a good buy, its very addicting and very fun, though it sucks coming into a MMO thats been out for a year, and with them releasing their first expansion next month, it will be hard to "catch-up" to those who have been playing for a long time, nonetheless, you will have fun, with prior knowledge to MMO's and even the Warcraft storyline you will find lots of things in the world that will catch your eye.

I would also suggest playing on the "newer" servers, when you first log in, it will ask you to select a realm, and in blue you will see "recommended" in the server list, select one of those, for they will have a player base much like yourself and you will find more people your level to play with.

IMO i played alliance and horde, and alliance was easier to get started, but the player base of alliance characters are "younger" and more "immature" ofcourse this is stereotypical, but it just is. Horde are much more fun, and more bad ass, but imo harder to get started as the "lowbie" zones are less populated with players(on my server) and they are really big, which means alot of running.

What ever your poison i would recommend it, 5million+people all over the world play the game and they all seem happy with it, as they keep playing it.

Hope this helped!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds