need drivers for HP TouchSmart IQ775 Desktop

Discussion in 'Software' started by darklight, May 16, 2012.

1. darklight

darklight Private E-2

hello all first off i have no clue as to what iam doing i took my computer down to a tech for him to work on he was only able to get my video and sound to work but not my blue tooth or wireless that came with it when i switched to xp

now that i had a really bad virus that crashed my computer i had to reinstall xp iam now running xp media center but its going a little slow i think its the internet connection but iam not sure

my problem is this i have no sound for the past 3 days me and my gf was looking for the drivers the tech who i pay 90$ to i ask if he would put the drivers on only problem the only one that works is my video not the sound or anything else when i try to look for them i only found it for vista please can someone help me

2. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi darklight,
    Welcome MG's,

Please could you run everest ..... http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Click Report (top menu) > Report Wizard > Next
    Choose System Summary Only > Next
    Choose Plain Text > Finish and wait for report to generate
    Click Save to File and leave the File Name as Report, then click the Save as Type dropdown and choose Report files (*txt) and click Save (n.b. Save to desktop is best as easy place to find it, use Browse to locate desktop)

Add the report in your next post like this.....

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86880

This will give me the info that I need to gather your Drivers.

3. darklight

darklight Private E-2

Attached Files:

4. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

5. darklight

darklight Private E-2

sorry about that here the right report

Attached Files:

6. pcpart

pcpart Private E-2

very cofteble even for laptops

7. darklight

darklight Private E-2

cofteble ??

8. darklight

darklight Private E-2

can someone please help me with my sound problem

9. tgell

In your first post, you said you were able to get sound to work. In Device Manger, what devices have yellow exclamation marks next to them. Right click the device, select properties, and in the details tab, provide the Vendor and Device ID's after selecting Hardware ID's in the drop down box.

10. darklight

darklight Private E-2

mmm ok if you read it like you should have it also said i had a really bad virus at the time and i had to reinstalled xp witch also means i lost all the drivers i had installed the only one i have is my video now and i been trying to track down the diver for my sound but since i dont no what one i need its kind of hard to do so as i said if you read this post as you should have before saying it you would understand that

also i made the full report you asked for iam not a computer expert

as for yellow exclamation marks

from what it told me this is the following

audio device on high definition audio bus

bb+ module(e.d)

unknown device

usb2.0

have try a few sound drivers and so far none has worked iam running xp professional

11. tgell

I need the vendor and Device ID's for each device with a yellow exclamation mark as shown.

[​IMG]

12. darklight

darklight Private E-2

thank you

hdaudio\func_01&ven_11d4&dev_198b&subsys_103c2a40&rev_1003\4&93a838&0&0001

USB\VID_0471&PID_060F\GLLF

ACPI\CF0000\1010100

USB\VID_0ACE&PID_B215\6&37E6974E&0&2

13. tgell

For the audio driver, see if this works.

As for the other drivers please look at this thread. It may help. The person had a Touchseries IQ775.uk Hopefully it will help with the bluetooth. If you have problems please post back.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=164938

I believe the bluetooth is the USB\VID_0471&PID_060F\GLLF

hp 802.11agb wireless lan is USB\VID_0ACE&PID_B215\6&37E6974E&0&2

I believe the other device needs the chipset driver which I will be looking for.

14. darklight

darklight Private E-2

thank you so much for taking the time to help me i will give it a shot

15. darklight

darklight Private E-2

i have try the audio driver that you posted when i try to install it said it dont support my hardware

16. tgell

Okay, I am going to have to investigate this further. Some of these XP drivers will be difficult to find.

17. darklight

darklight Private E-2

i have found a few they installed just fine but the sound never came on so iam assuming they didnt work

honestly if nothing else if you can find the sound driver that would be the best thing i ever would need i know that soundmax can install on this computer but all the ones i found was for vista

i been looking at every single website i can find that might have a clue on to what.

the hp website has no support for xp and the only driver they had was for the lightscribe

18. tgell

I am not sure if this will work for you but try this ASUS driver for XP

SoundMAX Audio Driver v5.10.1.6480 for 32bit Windows XP(WHQL).

19. darklight

darklight Private E-2

so interesting

i get the same message as the other audio driver

however something else came up it said it dont support win_5p

20. tgell

When you unzipped the file, what files and subfolders were in the unzipped folder?

21. darklight

darklight Private E-2

32 bit
    64 bit
    vista
    Ascdinst.ini
    AsusSetup.exe
    AsusSetup.ini
    now in the sub folder there is the following
    2K_XP
    AsusSetup.exe
    AsusSetup.ini

that was in the 32 bit
    XP

22. tgell

I downloaded that file and unzipped it. Unfortunately, your subsys_103c2a40 was not in the inf file. I stripped out the XP driver and altered the inf file to include the subsys_103c2a40 of your device but I do not know if it will work for you. You have to unzip the file I attached to a desktop in an admin account. Then right click your sound card in Device Manager with the yellow exclamation mark. Select Properties and Under the driver tab. Select Update Driver. Browse to the unzipped folder and look for the inf file in there called ADIHdAud.inf

I would create a system restore point first.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ht/updatedriverxp.htm

Attached Files:

23. darklight

darklight Private E-2

i no nothing about computers to be honest so if you dont mind walking me thu it if be greatful

24. tgell

The link I posted does a good job of walking you through. Download the file I attached and unzip it to the desktop of an admin account. Then in Device Manager, right click the sound device with the yellow exclamation mark. Select Properties and then under the driver tab select Update Driver. Then do the following as listed here. If you have any question just let me know.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ht/updatedriverxp.htm

Here is another good step by step. In step 6 browse to the folder you unzipped and select the inf file.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...v6dn8u&sig=AHIEtbRCiIp7UUgyKOEfHv9h_ju7eXpyGw

25. darklight

darklight Private E-2

it keeps saying it dont see it

26. tgell

When you browsed to the folder you unzipped and then next, did it show the inf file? If not, then the alteration I did to the file did not work.

I usually do not like to do this but if go to Windows Update, does it list a driver for you in Optional Updates? I am assuming you can connect to the internet.

I believe you will have a very hard time finding XP drivers for this computer. Because you have an HP, it still may have the recovery partition on the computer if you did not format the whole drive. This would let you recover the computer to a factory state. Also, HP will give you recovery CD's for a nominal charge of about $20 if you ask them.

Sorry. I am afraid I can be no further help, but I will continue to look for your audio driver and other drivers. Hopefully somebody else on the Forum can lend assistance.

27. darklight

darklight Private E-2

the only one it go to is W2K_XP and it wont install

yeah that was the first thing i did however it didnt have the sound driver

idk what the computer tech did to get my sound to work he took a vista driver and made it for xp some how

no i dont have it the drive been compete formated long before i got the computer in the first place

28. tgell

Like I said in my previous post, you may be lucky and have Windows Update find the driver. When you right click the device in Device Manager and select Update Driver, this time select "Can Windows connect to Windows Update to search for software" "Yes, this time only" then next to see if it can find a driver online.

29. darklight

darklight Private E-2

you know what i didnt see the one you posted for some reason all i seen was the unmodified version you sent me turns out it works it installed

i see the sound BUT i dont hear no music

the icon shows up but thats about it

30. tgell

If you run dxdiag does it give any errors. You will have to search for the file dxdiag. See if updating the driver online will work.

31. darklight

darklight Private E-2

where do i go for that?

32. tgell

For updating the driver online, it is in step 3
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...v6dn8u&sig=AHIEtbRCiIp7UUgyKOEfHv9h_ju7eXpyGw

dxdiag.exe is in C:\windows\system32 . Double click it.

33. darklight

darklight Private E-2

Attached Files:

34. tgell

So did you try to update the driver online? dxdiag seems to recognize the sound chip. When you did the dxdiag test, did you hear any sounds or music. If not double click the speaker icon and make sure all of the sliders are at maximum under playback. In the upper menu bar click options properties and make sure your sound device is in the drop down box and playback is selected. You should have Volume Control, Wave, Midi, Cd audio, and Line selected.

35. darklight

darklight Private E-2

xp wont let me update it thu windows updates

36. tgell

I have pretty much run out of ideas. Did you try pressing the test music and test sound buttons in dxdiag. Make sure all of the sliders are set to maximum when you double click the speaker icon. And make sure your mixer device is in the drop down box when you select options and then properties.

I would seriously think about ordering the Vista Recovery Disks from HP for about $20 if you want the full use of this laptop.

I am signing off until tomorrow. Hopefully somebody can help out with this.

37. darklight

darklight Private E-2

this is all i see wave sw synth cd player and master volume

yes all is set on max the problem with this is i dont want vista there has to be a way around this the tech guy who work on this got the sound to work just fine i just dont no how he did it and yes i did have xp even then on here

38. darklight

darklight Private E-2

can someone on here please help me with my sound the icon shows up but there no sound

39. tgell

I have attached another driver. It may not work. I stripped out the basic driver from the HP Vista driver. Use the same procdure of updating the driver in Device Manager as I described in Post #24. If this does not work, I can no longer help. Sorry.

Attached Files:

• XP.zip
      File size:
      1 MB
      Views:
  40. darklight

darklight Private E-2

it said it couldn't find a better match then the one i have installed now

41. tgell

I do not know what else to do except maybe Uninstall the one you have now in Device Manager and try the new one.

42. darklight

darklight Private E-2

you dont know how happy you made me now thank you so very much it works that was the right one

i dont no about the other drivers or where to find them

but the one i was really trying to find the most was my sound you dont no how annoying it is not to be able to hear nothing

43. tgell

Glad you got sound now. :) Check my post #13 for the other drivers. Post back if you have questions.

44. darklight

darklight Private E-2

i guess the other driver that i installed must have miss a file or something but anyways thank you my friend i shell take a look at the other ones

45. darklight

darklight Private E-2

will i spoke to quickly the PCTV_MCE_Vista_XP_Setup.exe witch i need for the bb module wont instaill becuse i dont have media center no more

46. tgell

47. darklight

darklight Private E-2

it works

the only ones i need now are

USB\VID_0471&PID_060F\GLLF

but this one might be a bit hard since the driver i seen on that page you told me about is only for media center

USB\VID_0ACE&PID_B215\6&37E6974E&0&2
    for the wireless

and this one is unknown so i dont no what this one is
    ACPI\CF0000\1010100

48. tgell

I found something where USB\VID_0471&PID_060F is a Philips eHome Infrared Receiver (USBCIR). Maybe for a remote?
    You might want to try this one. Press the drive icon and not the Green download button. If this does not work, you may be able to find it by using Windows Update. Can you connect to the internet?

http://www.driveridentifier.com/sca...1B&item_id=350188815&hardware_id=USB\CLASS_FF

hp 802.11agb wireless lan is USB\VID_0ACE&PID_B215\6&37E6974E&0&2 is an Atheros AR5007UX chip. Unfortunately, there are no native XP drivers for your wireless chip. There is a Vista driver. You can download it and unzip the file. Look for the X86 subfolder in the INF folder. Put that on your desktop and update the driver in Device Manger, pointing it to the netathrusb.inf file but I do not think this will work. Click the green download button, not the inf files shown.

http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=24&system=3

I am still looking for the ACPI\CF0000\1010100 driver

49. darklight

darklight Private E-2

so i try to download the BB+ module but it wont let me download the file rather it give me something else

as far as the wlan wireless i try both it installed but it gave me a error

50. tgell

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds