reprogramming keyboard buttons

Discussion in 'Software' started by C-Train, Apr 27, 2003.

1. C-Train

C-Train Private E-2

I got me on a them thar compaq keyboardswith the built in Media Player button support. I can't say that i am too fond of media player and would rather use win amp, is ther eany way to change the buttons so that they control win amp instead of media player. I have tried using the program that is included with the keyboard but it says the buttons are unprogrammable

2. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

what OS?
    Can you chance the buttons in winamp to match those of media player? That might do it.

3. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

On my PC keyboard the multi-media keys are set or programmed via Start/Settings.../Control Panel/Keyboard and there is a panel for Key Settings.

Mine were originally set to Windows Media player but my wife went and installed RealPlayer which promptly redefined the multi-media keys! Unfortunately the key settings are not per user.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds