To EVERYONE seeking driver help

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

In order to help you locate or install a particular driver, or to help solve a driver problem like no sound, or "I just installed a new video driver and now my games look all whacky", or whatever, it would be a huge help if you could include your motherboard make and model, or your PC make and model if it's a prebuilt (Dell, HP, EMachine, etc...). This will assist all the kind folks here at MajorGeeks who are trying to help you. If this information and a clear description of the problem are in your first post, help will likely be swift and accurate. Please, try to avoid a post like this: "Hi. My sound won't work. Please help." This doesn't do anybody any good. Include info like hardware installed, what happened before the problem started (new Windows install, malware infection, deleted a file, BSOD, installed an update, installed software, whatever), any steps you've already taken, and so forth. To find out what hardware is installed, we recommend Everest Home Edition. It's free, easy to install, and easy to use. It's very self explanatory and will tell you (and us) everything needed about a particular piece of hardware. Here's the link: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181 Also try the links posted in the sticky here in the Driver forum (it's always the first post). If you run Everest, then look for your driver BEFORE posting here, you may be able to fix the problem on your own, and you'll be proud of yourself that you did it ;)

BTW- I am in no way affiliated with MajorGeeks. I'm just trying to help everyone on both sides of a driver problem; the problem 'owner', and the problem 'fixer(s)'.... To the Admin/Moderator: I figured this post would help everyone get things done a bit more quickly and a bit more clearly. If this is out of line, feel free to edit, delete, or move this post as needed. :major

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

It seems that this thread warrants a sticky.

3. Heavenly

Heavenly Private E-2

Hi guys,

Im just wonderintg but would it be possible to reformat a windows vista Laptop andput microsoft windows XP service Pack 2 on it..????

Need advice ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Yes, it's very possible. BUT you may not find drivers for your hardware. See if drivers are available for everything, before re-formatting.

5. Heavenly

Heavenly Private E-2

as seen as its a laptop the only drivers i wuld need wuld be wireless built in network card,nvidia drivers and sound drivers,video drivers!!but iv got the sound drivers,nvidia drivers and i should get the wireless drivers with the laptop anyway!!???

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Closed. Wrong forum, wrong post, off topic, and this post is already stickied.

Make a new thread please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds