Windows 2000 DST Support:

Discussion in 'Software' started by jameehub, Feb 20, 2007.

1. jameehub

jameehub Private E-2

I would like to take this opportunity to express my outrage at Microsoft's lack of support for DST changes on the Windows 2000 platforms. I realize this topic thread may be out of place, but I would like to see the replies to this post as opinions expressed by others.

The following text is a direct copy of what I sent to Microsoft in reply to their request for comments regarding the DST support:

"The lack of DST support for the Win 2000 platform is absolutely despicable. The attempt to hide behind the "Extended Support Phase" is absurd and ridiculus.

How much more effort would be required to extend the currently published tools to incorporate the Win 2000 updates? It is clearly stated that the hotfixes are already available for the outrageous amout of $ 4000.

I find it inconceivable that Microsoft would choose to ignore the hundreds of thousands of Win 2000 platforms that are still in production today.

It is obvious that Microsoft is not genuinely concerned about their image. And it is no surprise that foolish policies such as these will further enrage existing customers and continue to fuel the anti-Microsoft sentiment.

Signed,

An extremely dissatisfied network administrator!!!"

:mad

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Yes, that sucks, but it's hardly surprising.
    There's lots of ways that Win 2K gets screwed over, even though it's still supported.
    For example, lots of the sofware MS offers on their site (Windows Defender coming immediately to my mind) that will run ONLY on Win XP SP2 or later.

OTOH, I don't understand why this DST change is such a big issue for a network that uses NTP... set the time correctly on the time server, and away you go...

Could be worse... I know of World-Class companies that are still using NT domains...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds