Sound problem: Auto device on high defintion auto bus

Discussion in 'Software' started by LostInRites92, Jul 4, 2009.

1. LostInRites92

LostInRites92 Private E-2

I dont know what happend to my sound. I need help badly. its getting so annoying with no sound. I looked at this forum and it told me do a lot of stuff to fix my problem but I didnt understand a word they were saying. :cry if someone can tell me what they were saying that will be a very big help. here is the forum:
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=160407&page=2

SET A RESTORE POINT BEFORE EDITING THE REGISTRY!

This patch is required before any of the HD device drivers are installed
    1. On your PC change the CSDVersion registry key to reflect XP SP2:
    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows\CSDVersion value=200
    2. Restart your PC
    3. Install KB888111xpsp2.exe http://couponmeister.com/blog/HD_Aud...88111xpsp2.exe
    4. Change the CSDVersion key back to XP SP3 again:
    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows\CSDVersion value=300
    5. Restart your PC, finalize configuration of your PC, sysprep and capture.
    (Not exactly sure what you must do here)
    This is a part from the forum that is abv.

that forum seems to showthe problem im facing but im not sure. and can someone tell me what is the system restore point? and CSDVersion register key?

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major

Yeah, that is kind of confusing if you're not familiar with the whole process. Click this link for a MUCH clearer step-by-step complete with screen shots. Howver, this process is only if you have Windows XP with Service Pack 3 installed and you need to install KB888111 which is the Microsoft high-definition audio update. You cannot install this update with SP3 (it's built-in and therefore won't let you install it to repair or replace it). If you have Service Pack 2 or earlier, you don't need to follow the steps in the link I just provided. If you could please read this thread and then post again describing exactly what the problem is, we'll be happy to help. ;)

To set a restore point: click Start, click Run, type %windir%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe and press Enter -OR- Click Start, go to All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. This will open the System Restore interface. From here, it's very simple to set the restore point by simply following the on-screen prompts.

3. LostInRites92

LostInRites92 Private E-2

Allright this is what I know:
    Before my sound disappered I remember I formatted my computer, deleted some stuff I didnt need. After that my sound stopped working on my speaker. I tried using my headphones instead and sound worked on it but not on my speaker but after a month or so it stopped working on my headphones too.

Sound Hardware: Audio device on high defintion Audio bus.(not working) I looked at my device manger and saw that next to my sound hardware there was a (!) which meant that it isnt working properly( good thing I could figure that much out ;) ) So I looked into the properties and this is what it said: This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver...So i tried Reinstalling and that didnt work it kept on telling me that: the wizard cant find the necessary software. Then I put in the location to see if that will work and ofcourse it didnt work. it just told me that there is no such location.

Motherboard make and model: I downloaded Everest and I have no idea where to look for the make and the model. help?

Things I already did: I installed KB888111. I have Windows XP home edition and SP3 so I changed it to SP2 to install KB888111. I thought after I changed it to SP2 I could Reinstall HD too. But it wont let me. Oh and yes I already set up a System Restore Point, just to be safe.

These are all thing I know. I hope this helps you help me. Thank you so much for atleast looking into my problem.

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

You can simply attach an Everest report to your next post by following the steps in this thread and I should get all the info needed to help you get this straightened out.

5. epsonone

epsonone Private First Class

Enclosing text from PC wizard

Attached Files:

6. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

@ epsonone: this thread was started by someone else over 2 months ago. Please start your own new thread and include a full, clear description of the problem you're having.
    Thanks!
    ;)

[dlb]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds