No "Buttons" to "Save" or "Cancel" in Dialog Boxes WIN7

Discussion in 'Software' started by grc123, Jan 1, 2012.

1. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Windows 7 Home Premium

I would provide a screenshot (or three) however that is at the crux of my problem - I should perhaps say my current problem...now, with "7" (I am beginning to tire RAPIDLY of 7, much more quickly than I did with either XP, or Vista).

PROBLEM: When I attempt to "Save As" a document (Notepad, for instance), or even a Paint image, I get a window/page/screen/whatever, that has no "Buttons" ... no button to "Save", no button to "Cancel". Simply NO BUTTONS???

I had this problem the other night, and we "faked" or cheated our way through it, by using the Enter (Return?) Key to advance the cursor (cursor??) to where we wanted to be (well, we "hoped" we were "there", anyway, since we could not "see" what button or drop-down dialog box was selected or highlighted).

It's almost as if I had a "Resolution" problem, whereby the resolution is set too low (say, 800 x 600), things are too big to be seen/won't FIT on the page. However, my resolution is set to the "Recommended" 1366 x 768.

Please help...this Netbook would be a WHOLE LOT easier to throw against a wall than my desktops ever were . . .

Thanks in advance,
    glenn . . .
    PS, Hoping I was/am clear here...under the drop-down boxes of "File Name" and "Save as Type", there is nothing to select - not "Save" or "OK" or "Cancel" ... NOTHING????????????????

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi,

Type dpi into the Search box and choose "Make text smaller or larger" at the top of the search result list. In the window that opens see what it is set to. You want it at 100% rather than 125% or 150%. So if higher than 100% change it back to 100%. Hit Apply. You will need to reboot. See if that helps.

3. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Well, thanks Sach, though I had tried that (except I usually enter via *Control Panel>Display...*, a simple restart (which I perform about once every 4-6 days on average) seemed to take care of ("repaired") it (??).

So, this thread is now "dead".

Thanks again - glenn :wave

4. PaulyEddyFreddy

PaulyEddyFreddy Private E-2

sach2,

Thanks for the "dpi" hint. Been looking for a fix for several days. Did not realized that the dialogue boxes were the same size independent of text size. When I changed from 125% back to 100%, voila!!!, the text shrint brought my Save and Cancel back into the box. Good Work!!!

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

6. theefool

theefool Geekified

Snipping tool is nice, and is built in. I prefer greenshot myself. We use this at work quite a bit.

http://getgreenshot.org/

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds