Taskbar Icons disappear after ZA free install

Discussion in 'Software' started by Fear Spam, May 12, 2006.

1. Fear Spam

Fear Spam Private E-2

Long time lurker and first time poster...Thanks for all the help!

I'm running XPpro SP1 with lynksys firewall router and Mcafee enterprise 7.1 viruscan. I attempted to add the ZoneAlarm free firewall, but it seems to stop the virusscan from running at startup as the V-shield will disappear once I reboot after installing ZA free.

I tried different settings...even turning off the program setting, but this did not help. Is anyone else running this setup (V-shield 7.1 and ZA free) and could tell me what I'm doing wrong? Do I need to install the Firewall first?

It seems counter-productive for a firewall to disable the on-access scan properties of Mcafee Virus scan enterprise 7.1.

Thank you,
    Rob

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds