cannot boot XP in safe mode or normal

Discussion in 'Software' started by m3i0x3, Apr 9, 2008.

1. m3i0x3

m3i0x3 Private E-2

hello all.

im somewhat new to computing especially the technical side.

recently my girlfriend had some visual issues with my computer, we share it...
    had some strange horizontal wavy lines across the screen. first i thought it was monitor Acer AL1917w untill i hit the "menu" button on it and the menu was clear. reinstalled the geforce2 mx 400 drivers. nothing.

so today im at work and GF gets the bright idea to put the windows disk back in and hits "install windows xp home edition" button and lets it do its thing..

i get home from work and now my PC is stuck in a circle of rebooting. cannot boot into safe mode with networking, safe mode, normally (with last known good configuration), or normally.

im at a loss. any help would be MUCH apricheated

forgot to add i can enter c:\ and get to edit boot.ini .... ive read to remove the /safeboot text but see nothing of that sort

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds