Adobe Flash Player-

Discussion in 'Software' started by brianwyndhamhopwood, Feb 9, 2011.

1. brianwyndhamhopwood

brianwyndhamhopwood Private E-2

I have recently been getting error messages telling me that Flash Player has crashed. Coincidentally today the later (???????????????) update version is shown on majorgeeks.
    I downloaded it and tried to install it only to get YET AGAIN the same error message telling me to visit the Adobe Download site for "the latest version"

This I do and am still offered 10.2.152.26..REXACTLY the same as on majorgeeks. Still it will not install ..same silly error telling me to get the latest version.

Going round in circles and getting nowhere.

Anyone else out there having similar problems?
    Anyone else out there with a way round it?

HELP

BH

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's!! I have moved your thread to the software forum where more will see it and hopefully give assistance.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version and Service Pack? always helps if a route to fix is different per OS.

I would even though you have latest version installed do a bit of a clean install of the Flash plugin and download the cleaner tool from Adobe HERE and run.

then run CCleaner and its Cleaner and Registry tool (run the registry one until nothing shows for removal, do save the registry when it prompts you) then double check in

If 64bit Windows
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed and delete Macromed folder

If 32bit Windows
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed and again delete the folder​

if 64bit, then check both areas, just in case.

Then download and install latest Adobe version HERE (do on the Majorgeeks download page click the Firefox, Safari and Opera users need this version link and install) also update Shockwave HERE

NOTE: do install them with your browser closed.

4. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Try uninstalling it completely using Revo from here at MG. Run ccleaner, reboot and try installing again.

REVO

CCLEANER

OOPS, see you already got this Dave.

5. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

If you have the Adobe icon on your desktop then click it to open then move arrrow to " Help " then scroll down to " Check For Updates " usually works for me !

6. brianwyndhamhopwood

brianwyndhamhopwood Private E-2

Xp with sp3 is the system... BUT I have just gone through the steps you suggest and have now been able to install the latest Flash version.. NO ERROR messages

Many thanks Sir

Brian Hopwood

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds