DSL shuts off

Discussion in 'Software' started by bobst101, Mar 15, 2007.

1. bobst101

bobst101 Private E-2

at first start, dsl stays on... it disconnects after 20 minutes to 90 minutes... its not consistant in time or by how I surf. It'll shut down even if I don't surf.... grrr. Can I tell windows to keep it connected?
    It is not supported for my win ME system anymore( sbc yahoo.. homeportal)
    But my other comp is online endless.. no probs...

2. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

My dad has something similiar from SBC. You don't really need Yahoo, I make it a point not to use when I can. The hardware is 2Wire as to wireless router, we haven't had too much problems. It really shouldn't matter as to OS, the majority of computers on his network is Win98SE, with a few XP, with no issues.

I don't know if it relates, but I had a problem with my DSL carrier (verizon) where they would log off my modem once a day due to a timeout function. Doesn't sound likely, but its possible. I had to call tech support to verify this, it required a complete shutdown of my wireless router and DSL modem to reset my connection. The SBC version has both in the same box, which I thought was cool.

Have you upgraded the 2000 stuff with all the updates? Some of the Win2000 stuff is related to ports being open that allows intruders into your system. I don't see how this actually relates, but it is one of the bases I would cover.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds