Problems with Pinnacle Studio 10

Discussion in 'Software' started by InsaneDane, Dec 7, 2007.

1. InsaneDane

InsaneDane Private E-2

My problem started a few days ago, when I installed Pinnacle Studio 10, as well as drivers for my old camera.

The camera is a Hitachi DZ-MV100A.

I first downloaded and ran the program from here:
    http://www.opendrivers.com/driver/2...er-windows-98se-me-2000-xp-free-download.html
    Which did not seem to do anything, but downloads from Hitachi, so I believe to be safe.

Next I downloaded the version from here:
    http://drivers.soft5000.com/driver4471.html
    Which installed and worked correctly.

When I installed Pinnacle Studio 10 (full install on my E: drive) the install went mostly fine, but the Microsoft SQL Server install froze completely and had to be canceled. The rest of the studio install continued fine, and Studio ran without any hindrance.

Starting soon after the install, my computer started freezing completely, not even recognizing mouse movements, seemingly at random, but occurring more often when I was not at the computer.

Thinking that the first driver file may have been something undesirable, I ran AVG-antivirus, Spybot S&D, Adaware, and cleaned everything it found (mostly cookies). According to that I am now completely clean, but the freezing still happens.

Now believing that the problem was with pinnacle, I attempted to uninstall Studio and everything that came with it, including SQL server. The removal went well except for the Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine (PINNACLESYS) that gives the error "Fatal error during installation." during an attempted uninstall.

Worse is the fact that because it is still in the installed program list, it hinders any attempt at a reinstall, with the error "SQL Server could not find the specified named instance (PINNACLESYS) - please specify the name of an existing instance on the invocation of sqlservr.exe. If you believe that your installation is corrupt or has been tampered with, uninstall then re-run setup to correct this problem."

I may not have mentioned, but the freezing continues even when Studio has been uninstalled.

Any suggestions for me?

P.S. It gives the same error message as the attempted install after any restart.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds