Some functions not working...

Discussion in 'Software' started by lifer53, Jan 10, 2008.

1. lifer53

lifer53 Private E-2

I just gave up trying to make Explorer act right and installed Firefox Mozilla browser. Then i used the uninstaller from ccleaner to uninstall IExplorer6. popup said "program was not uninstalled successfully". Then the recycle bin froze up the windows program. it wouldn't dump, when i hit control/alt/del the recycle bin was not responding. when i clicked the "stop process" button, BSD (the blue screen of death) came up and mouse and keyboard input stopped. After several hard starts i went to Safe mode and it froze up in Safe mode too.
    I tried it again in normal mode and after a long (5 minutes) the dumping sound happened, but the shortcut picture didn't show empty. I checked the file, and it was empty. The web is available, the shortcuts work but they take much longer to open anything (there's a long pause between clik and open). Also drag and drop quit working (i can drag an item from desktop to open file but it appears faint and won't drop). Search function doesn't work in any form (right or left click from start).
    I also just recently upgraded my java from MS to sunJava. I installed the latest version from Sun, and all these functions worked afterwards. I would appreciate some help with this and I think its getting worse.
    Also. if you look at my posts, I've been having trouble for awhile but probably don' have infection per experts from malware forum.
    Ihope you geeks can bail me out one more time!

2. lifer53

lifer53 Private E-2

Sorry i meant to write its WinME version 4.9.3000

3. lifer53

lifer53 Private E-2

Yes, this article uses search function, which is unavailable

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Your best bet is to use a restore point to a date before you tried to remove IE. Program/accessories/System Tools
    Since IE is joined at the hip to the OS, the best you can do is try to repair IE rather than removing it.

I don't know if this will help, at this point, but here is a link to something that says it fixes IE by registering core dlls
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds