Free Acronis True Image v8 with registration

Discussion in 'Software' started by oma, Apr 11, 2008.

1. oma

oma MajorGeek

I have a question about this software though and hopefully will get an answer?

Can this software be used with any external hard drive or do I need to install a second hard drive in my computer, Windows XP?

I've downloaded the free software already! ;)

Thanks.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Yes if you have an external drive you wish to save the image files of your main C: Drive too then this is fine, just choose at the point of where to save your image file too, choose your external drive.

3. oma

oma MajorGeek

Halo, thank you so very much for your quick and to the point reply!!

Is this software not too complicated? I'm still a newbie.

Thanks.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi oma

Its pretty straight forward software and easy to use I now am fortunate to be using Acronis TI 11 but I have used version 8 before and its the same and here is user manual to Acronis TI 8 for you http://us1.download.acronis.com/pdf/trueimage8.0_ug.en.pdf ( just right click and save as my link to the manual ) and this should give you all the info you need, if you do find the info in techno garble, please let us know and one of us will do a step by step guide for you as we would in basic terms use this software.

My advice is to not use the incremental backups and images but always produce a full backup/image, they seem to be more robust and stable in data integrity.

5. oma

oma MajorGeek

Hi Halo,

Thank you so much for the link and your advise! Bookmarked the link you gave me. Got to get a new external drive first though before imaging the C drive. The iomega 250 GB external HD conked out on me recently just after the warranty expired. DUH!

I will certainly take up your offer to help and come back to this site if I have any further questions about the Acronis v8 software and appreciate you helping me out!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds