PSU faulty?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ZzFDKzZ, Sep 12, 2008.

1. ZzFDKzZ

ZzFDKzZ Private E-2

I just finish installing XP on a new computer I just finish building. XP was working fine. Had it running for 2 hours. I turn off my computer and went to install another 2gb of DDR2 memory on my computer. The computer wouldn't turn on anymore. So I reopen the computer and made sure everything was completely connected. Try to restart and it turn on for 5 seconds then it shut off. I removed the new ram I installed to see if that was the problem but wouldn't turn on anymore.

I'm guessing its the PSU. Since it doesn't power on anymore. Is there a way to find out if its the PSU and not something else?

Here's the PSU that I have.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371016

Also just in case.

I have a DVD Burner, 250GB HD, 8800 GT, and a Wireless adapter. I'm sure 550w is enough to power that on.

2. ZzFDKzZ

ZzFDKzZ Private E-2

Found the problem its the ram stick. One of them is messed up.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds