Okay, this is probably an easy one but...

Discussion in 'Software' started by GuitarRon89, Dec 20, 2005.

1. GuitarRon89

GuitarRon89 Private E-2

...When I started up my computer today, the display was all funny. It was all lopsided to the left and everything was adapted to that form, the colours are all messy and I am really annoyed. I know you guys have probably encountered this problem before from other technologically inept people, so I figured I might as well ask the best out there. Thanks.

-Ron

2. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

Can you post a picture to post a picture click print screen on your keyboard
    and then open microsoft paint and right click on the white screen and paste
    save a .jpeg

3. Fertyop

Fertyop Corporal

I don't think a screenshot would show the problems cause its a monitor problem.

Someone has tampered with the monitor controls. Just change them they are usually located at the bottom of the monitor below the screen.

4. GuitarRon89

GuitarRon89 Private E-2

I already tried that, it pushes the left side off the screen, but leaves the right side fine. This is really starting to frustrate me, thanks for all your help.

5. GuitarRon89

GuitarRon89 Private E-2

Forgot to mention, everything is huge, too. All the icons, all the fonts, everything. Really starting to give me a headache.

6. Louisd11

Louisd11 Private First Class

SO then you should take a screen shot.

7. GuitarRon89

GuitarRon89 Private E-2

I did, I'm not sure if it came out right, but here it is.

[​IMG]

(Basically, I think it's a resolution problem, but I've already tried tinkering with that to no avail)

8. Louisd11

Ok did you mean to cut the AIM off or did u do that? Because if you cut the AIM off then it should be your monitor but if you didn't mean ti cut AIM off tell me.

9. Fertyop

Fertyop Corporal

Its your monitor. Make sure there are no magnets nearby and if there aren't a magnet messed up the alignment, I think you can get it repaired but if not you will need to buy a new monitor. This only applies if you have a CRT monitor. If you have an LCD monitor I don't know how to solve it.

10. Louisd11

If it's and LCD then he should press the auto adjust button. Who is ur manurfactuer of your monitor and if you need a CRT monitor I could probally ship one too you.

11. GuitarRon89

GuitarRon89 Private E-2

No, it did that by itself.

I don't know which I have, I have an HP Pavillion VX74 if that matters.

Where's this auto-adjust button?

12. Louisd11

OOOOO it's a laptop you didn't specify that.

13. GuitarRon89

GuitarRon89 Private E-2

No, no, no- it's a PC. If it were my laptop, I would have sent the message in two days time because that thing is slow as hell. But back to my problem, it's still outrageously large in font and stuff and the right side is kinda crunched. By the way, the pic I showed you, the toolbar doesn't trail off like that with the arrows, normally it's all on the same page, no extensions or anything. I'll show you an example/comparison.

[​IMG]
    Before ^

[​IMG]
    After ^

14. Fertyop

Fertyop Corporal

Have you tried changing it back the way it was before by going into the desktop properties?

An LCD monitor is thin. And a CRT is fat like a TV.

15. GuitarRon89

GuitarRon89 Private E-2

Oh, then mine is a CRT. I don't know how I would try to change it back before going into the desktop properties, so I would appreciate it if you enlightened me more on the topic. Thanks.

-Ron

16. GuitarRon89

GuitarRon89 Private E-2

Okay, this really confuses me. I start up this thing today and all of a sudden my picture is back to normal. o.o

I'm not sure if this will last, but if it doesn't I'll be back to report it. If it does, I'd like to thank you guys for all your time and help.

-Ron

17. GuitarRon89

GuitarRon89 Private E-2

Okay, probably another easy one, but I'm still tech inept to hell. In Firefox, I cannot see any flash. I load up sites like yankees.com and can't see updates or anything besides the scrolling news. Or I might go to some kind of flash game like flashflashrevolution.com and can't play because the game doesn't show up. I've downloaded the newest Java and Macromedia updates, but so far nothin' doing. Any help would be appreciated.

-Ron

18. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

19. GuitarRon89

GuitarRon89 Private E-2

No, I already have the plugins, but it just refuses to show up. I'll get FFR going and the little box where it's supposed to be is just blank. No little puzzle piece or anything.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds