PainKiller QUestion

Discussion in 'Software' started by IcEy-CoLd, Aug 31, 2004.

1. IcEy-CoLd

IcEy-CoLd Private E-2

Sup all, i am havin some PC issues with painkiler and i Don't understand why? is this game harder to run then FarCry? my PC runz FarCry from start to end with no bugs :) " i love that freakin game,"

I run a Laptop
    3.6 pen4 duel pross
    1024 ddr2700
    ATI radeon9000 mobility

I have my video card driver set to omega drivers and have had no problems with it till i beat Farcry yesterday and now wanna start up painkiller would any 1 know a site with settings and what they mean if you set them to low ect, i mean i understand most of my eye candy will be lost, but so far i am in lvl 1 chapter 5 and thst shit is fun, but it's buggy :( screen goes white, mobs get white.. wepon ect, stuff gets messed up .

any info will help thanks

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

have you tried the standard ATI drivers?

3. IcEy-CoLd

IcEy-CoLd Private E-2

standard would be sager.com there ati driver for my model. and no, lol, but then again i though omega drivers where better?

so you think i should uninstail omega and slap on sagers stuff?

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Try ATI's reference drivers first. The OMEGA's are a hashed together set of drivers that are made from files of different versions of ATI's releases and tested to see if they work. IMO, you're asking for unknown variables by doing that.

www.ati.com

5. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

6. IcEy-CoLd

IcEy-CoLd Private E-2

dude i had to reinstail farcry/painkiller/starcraft... b/c of some issues i was havin /and i patched all but painkiller, thanks maybe this will help

but i went tot he ati site, and it won't let me instail there drivers b/c i got a laptop , and i did wwhat the dude told me .. so now i got no vid card driver, but still looks nice maybe i should leave it alone, but this crap is lame

7. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

The Mobility drivers will be part of your chipset drivers package which you can get from your laptop manufacturers website.

You really want to get the official drivers, the Windows ones really suck for performance.

8. BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey Master Sergeant

How much was your Laptop?

9. IcEy-CoLd

IcEy-CoLd Private E-2

ran me 1300 its only a 15" screen but still really nice with combo dvd drive,

Now, i went back to the stock drivers, but the game runz like shit, i havn't tried FarCry to see what the deal is b/c i let my freind hold it.... but painkiller glitches with everything on low and hardly anything checked? it must be the driver / i put on doom 3 just to see if my laptop could handle it and it could run it with the omega drivers, but i can't test it now either b/c i think the game is weak and i don't have it anymore :) so any feedback would be great

"and i still can't get on omega's site to d/l there ati driver for laptops" there something i need to enable to look at there site? i never had this prob b4

10. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Ugh?

I'm confused :confused:

Stock drivers.... meaning the ones you got with the laptop? You can't get Mobilitry drivers from ATi, since they only provide the graphics chipset itself. You need to go to your laptop manufacturers website, plug in your details and get the latest driver update for your card. You should get the chipset drivers, which will include the graphics drivers.

And, of course, get the relevant patches for whatever game you're trying to play.

And dont get the omega drivers if you're having issues!! It will just complicate them having the extra settings which will change if you go into the control panel!!

11. IcEy-CoLd

IcEy-CoLd Private E-2

yea i went to sager.com got there ati drivers for my notebook, and thats great and all, but what i am trying to do is get to omegas site and d/l there drivers, b/c all i have to do is uninstail the control panel of this ATI driver and it worked super great b4 with no bugs no glitches,

how can i d/l the driver? do i have to have settings on internet, or firefox to see his site or something? the damn thing won't work i even get direct link to the site and it won't work? it's .net?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds