windows tweaks causing OpenGL error?

Discussion in 'Software' started by InYearsToCome, Oct 17, 2003.

1. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

For the longest time, i played Tactical Ops (based on the Unreal Tournament engine) flawlessly.

i have always done minor windows tweaks using programs such as XP Smoker, System Mechanic, or just directly editing the registry from tips i found at www.pcstats.com

after upgrading to XP Smoker 3.5, my game stopped working under OpenGL rendering. (or so i think it was XP smoker... by that i mean i had about a day of solid play, even after restarting the computer, and then all of a sudden... kaput.)

the game works under direct3d.

after wrestling with it, I reformatted.
    set my settings how i liked them, even ran XP Smoker again.
    upon installation of the game, it worked under OpenGL flawlessly.

restart the computer again and BAM, same error.

i created another partition and installed windowsXP pro on for the sole purpose of running that game. used XP smoker on that partition very minimally (internet tweak, L2 cache specifier, and maximum critical/delayed worker threads) and everything works fine.

Any ideas as to what in XP smoker might cause OpenGL errors? (i'll gladly provide screenshots of the XP Smoker options if it will help.)

thanks

2. jujet84

jujet84 Master Sergeant

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds