Picked up a new toy :)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by N5638J, Jul 31, 2008.

1. N5638J

N5638J Guest

Its a MSD series 6 Ignition box for the Charger :-D I got it from my buddy made him a offer of a Computer for it and he took it ;) I gave him a computer hes been using for awhile thats been working his Plotter. He don't know if it works or not but anyways it will save me alot of money because if it works great if it don't MSD will fix it for $40 and that will save me from spending the $200 to buy one. All thats left to get now to hear it run is a MSD Distributor

[​IMG]

I really need a new cam this one is too blurry its a 3.1MP but its 4years old and was only $50 at the time lol

2. N5638J

N5638J Guest

3. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Are you just going to bolt these on or are you planning a complete rebuild?

4. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Oh jeez, you folks are talking black magik there! I usually just pay my mechanic to inject magic smoke into the engine as needed. If I don't buy my friends truck, I will be forced to do some work on mine...:***

E

5. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

Happy for you and the toys, no clue what they are but look pretty :-D

6. N5638J

N5638J Guest

The motor? Yea i'm just gonna bolt them on for now to hear how it runs. Then i am gonna start on the wiring of the lights and such then the body and then pull the motor and transmission and rebuild them. Tho how the motor looks (No oil leaks and its painted) i think it may of already been rebuilt.

Cat this is for you from Wiki
    Distributor

http://www.msdignition.com/1helpmechoose.htm

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2008
  7. N5638J

N5638J Guest

Oh forgot to say when it starts i am gonna drive it afew miles to see how the driveline is see if its shifts right and nothing bent out of shape.

Also check this cat.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignition_system

8. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Nope. You are wrong N56. Magic Smoke is not mentioned in that at all. Can't be true.

E:-D

9. N5638J

N5638J Guest

Fred for me to fix your truck it will cost $32,000. it sounds like the hobbit that turns the crankcase is depressed and needs therapy. We need to get us a new hobbit. They's from the land beyond time. Land beyond time's also gonna hook us up with the unicorn for the radiator. I ain't even gonna tell you about that haunted air conditioner. Plus the air filter, that's made of plutonium. That's gonna involve Superman, so, y'know, plus shipping from Krypton. Then the cow jumped over the moon.:-D

10. paramonks

paramonks Corporal

11. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

12. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Hey, one of those picts looks familiar... Timing chain? My truck runs just fine thank you. And on a Nissan, the air filter is made of Unobtanium, and the Hobbit thing is just way off. Ever hear of HORSE POWER... Somehow they got 130 or so of them little tiny horses in my engine. :-D

E

13. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

You need a lot of food for 130 horses

[​IMG]

14. dnnyo

dnnyo Private First Class

on a related subject... how often does the rotor inside the distributor cap need to be replaced?

15. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

normally the rotor does not need replacing but the distributor cap tends to wear on the contacts inside normally after years of use, the most common cause of a misfire is the leads some are a copper core and if that breaks inside it makes a bad contact others are carbon filled and IMO better but i would replace the leads at about 5 year interval if the motor is running OK

depending on the amount of mileage you do i would clean the contact set at regular intervals (every 2 to 3 months)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Tell me about it! Me thinks the magic smokes gives them the munchies! Good thing for the corn being used in the gas. They can eat that...:-D

E

17. N5638J

N5638J Guest

Don't you just hate it someone stole your post before you even got a chance to make it huh?:-D only joking of course ;)

Yes yes and also a compression check as well.;) I will make sure i come to you if i need some help on something because it seems you might know your stuff ;)

18. LI_Geek_95

LI_Geek_95 Post-and-Run Geek

Have fun :wave

19. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

*eyes glaze over* Thanks N5638J but I think I will wait for the finished product then drool on it :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds