Long time lurker, 1st time poster

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Zebrablvd, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Zebrablvd

Zebrablvd Private E-2

Greetings,
    Just thought I would make it official and register. I was in the IT field for a little over 30 years. Cut my teeth on the ix's of the operating systems, then was thrown into the Novell field and loved it. It just saddens me that it is no longer, it could have been a contender IMHO. My last position was with a school corporation where I was one of 5 LAN & 2 WAN admins in charge of 362 servers that pumped out the apps to over 30K desktops. That pretty much capsulizes my work history.

As for hobbies and escapes I am a certified 2 channel audio junkie that loves his turntables, SS/tubed - amps/tuners/receivers, and speakers (all pre 1980). My oldest piece of gear is a turntable from the early 1960's. Nothing like dropping the needle on a nice copy of Stevie Ray and sitting back for a listen.

Anyway, I'll stop now because I'm starting to bore myself.

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, Zebrablvd.

Welcome aboard - feel free to share some of that Networking knowledge! :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds