How to make Bios settings stick after power loss.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Den, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Den

Den Private First Class

I'm having a problem making bios settings stick. Here it is. I have tried changing every settig in power settings in bios to restore on power loss,= set to off then set to on then set to last state. with no luck every time it loses power, unplug ,outage etc. bios loses every setting I have changed and I have to re-do including the date and time ram timings etc.I change it all back and it sticks fine until power loss again.
    Changed power settings in display properties/screen saver/power serings. I have changed everything to no avail. I am at a loss. I am obviousley missing something but what.

MSI K8N Neo4 Plat. 7125 (Not Sli) XP Pro
    SP2/pcb-1.0/ Bios Ver.1.5
    AMD FX55
    MEM 2x1gig..D400 OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K
    Visionteck 512MB GDDR4 Radeon HD3870
    OC edition
    Monitor-22" Acer AL2223 Wide flat panel
    OCZ PowerStream 520 ADJ.-3.3v=28A/+5V=40A/+12V=33A
    74 GIG raptor Hdd
    Logitech MX1000 Mouse
    Teac 1.44 FDD + Liteon dvd drive 166S/167T
    Digital Doc5+=8 Fan Controls & 8 Temp. monitoring Probes +5 And +12 Volt Monitorin

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hello,
    You say that you have changed everything. Have you changed the CMOS battery? Losing the settings after a power failure suggests you may need a new battery.

3. Den

Den Private First Class

Good idea on the battery. I have had to change the battery in this mach.for another reason before but it was a long time ago. It may be time again. Batteries can be weired. Thanks for the idea. First thing tommorow if I don't have one on hand.

4. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

I think you nailed it.....;)

5. Den

Den Private First Class

The battery was definitely a good idea tgel. That appears to have been the problem. It is now holding settings fine even after power loss by unplugging and re-plugging. Now working as it should. This is the third battery change. I must remember the next time I have problems that this is a battery hungry mach. Thank you. I most likely would never have thought of the battery on my own.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds