Registry error found

Discussion in 'Software' started by Can't come up with any, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Hi folks,
    I was thinking of updating directX to 9.0c because I've got DirectX 9.0b but I figured I should maybe run a diagnostics test first not to update something that might have problems. Everything seemed to be O.K. untile I hit DirectInput Devices. I got a :confused: Registry: Errors found
    Key 'HKCR\CLSID\{92187326-72B4-11d0-A1AC-0000F8026977}\ProgID' is missing. :eek:

I did a couple of searches to find that a lot of people got this problem, but no fixes seem to be available. I was thinking of ignoring it cause it doesn't seem to affect comp. performance, but I don't like having this on my head. I was thinking of downloading 9.0c because I've got DirectX 9.0b

Hope somebody might have a clue on how to fix my problem. I'm still gona keep looking for a while.

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

Hrm, IMHO, I'd go for it. HKCR, is typically how the windows OS operates with certain programs. So to speak.

Since I'm not running your OS, I can't compare it with anything.

My question is, did you install 9c yet?

3. Hi theefool,
    No, not yet. I was hoping for a thumbs up first. Plus some sites I checked out had people who tried updating, but the problem remained.

4. (Tried editing previous post but passed the limit) ;)
    Sad thing is when I checked microsoft I got no results, unless maybe I didn't check in the right places. :rolleyes:

5. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

6. Thanks Matacumbie,
    Saw that site yesterday. I use RegCleaner also, so I used tha backup of all the files in there, but that didn't work. As for updating to 9.0c...
    I wonder why Reg. verification didn't indicate (and still doesn't) that problem from the start, I run it pretty often. :confused:

7. Has anybody ever used PC Bug Doctor before? Site says that all Downloads from this site are guaranteed and certified to be 100% FREE of SPYWARE, ADWARE, DIALLERS, VIRUSES, WORMS and TROJAN HORSES. I'm not to crazy about fooling around with registry problems.

http://www.freedownloadtools.com/

8. Finally got to installing directX 9.0c in the hope of fixing problem, and wouldn't ya know it, it worked! Thanks for your help guys. :)

I have to admit, I was doubtful it would actually help. ;)

9. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Glad you got it worked out. :)

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds